Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

POST YOUR COOL STANG STORIES HERE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 09:52 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

I really
really.
really.
reaaallly.

reaaaaaaaaaaaaalllly hope.

you didn't just take the time to type all that out.
Just for this thread.

no really.....

I hope you didn't....
Old 08-02-2011, 10:18 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

^ Holy Santa Claus ****, Firstcar hahaha. Bravo.

Mine's not nearly impressive.

My car was payed off for all by my father the day he bought it for me. The deal was, if I had a great junior and senior football season, stayed out of trouble, got good grades and admitted into a good school, the bare stock mustang would be mine.

Well come 2008, I graduated from high school with a 4.10 weighted (3.96 unweighted), was almost tied in tackles and tackles for loss with one of my best friends both years (the middle linebacker), and ran back a 5A state record 103 yard interception on the last game of the season and turned the tide of the game (ended up going from 14-17 at half to 35-20 by the end of the game). With that 4.1 and an ACT score of 29, I was accepted into UF and UCF (the only two schools I applied for) and ended up going to UCF because I was offered a 10k scholarship and their undergrad engineering degrees are top rated. Also fulfilled my 100 volunteer hours to get 100% Florida bright futures (FL lottery funded scholarship program).

Got the car senior year and immediately felt guilty and spoiled (still do). Worked hard over summer saving by taking more hours bussing tables (and of course upgrading my new mustang with wheels, a tuner, and exhaust), and used the majority of the money for discretionary spending during semesters. Parents paid for food, and I spent 25 bucks a week on myself. Needless to say, car upgrades were put on hold. Got a research job, started paying for my own groceries and saved up for small upgrades to the car (hello grilles and stripes). Got an internship, now I pay my own rent, groceries, and bills and now I can afford bigger upgrades!

Still grateful for everything my parents have done for me. Just wish I could find my dream girl while cruising around in my ride like pdonket over here haha.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:55 PM
blake45a
1st Gear Member

my story is that i fell in love with the 60s mustangs when i was 5, had the toys and all that. grew up with posters and screensavers and rc mustangs. they were always the old ones though. during these years (5-10) i never bothered to research the diff generations, but id see these hideous regular looking coupes with a chrome mustang on the front and be like wow mustangs used to be beautiful now theyre so ugly. i know now those mustangs i hated were the 94-04 (no offense to anyone here, i like them more now, but still dislike how the hood doesnt drop off and how its streamlined like any other car) so all these years i was saving birthday and chore money (ive always been good at that) and hoped maybe when i was in college that i could get my own mustang (one of the cool ones of course). then one day i saw what i now know to be the s197 and damn i fell in love. it was the most beautiful car id ever seen. it had this rebellious, patriotic, strong, free attitude that i was addicted to and was totally unique. Well for the last 6 years ive been working,saving,working,and saving. splitting/selling firewood, babysitting, yardwork in the neighborhood, detailing cars (my most recent and fun work). and i realized it could happen a lot earlier than college. 4 months prior to my 16th birthday i pitched my mom the idea..she didnt reject it due to her mom once having a 68 fastback. i let the idea grow in her head. all the while i was researching prices, options, everything i needed to know to get into the s197 gt business. 16th birthday came, got my permit. then i started really pressing my mom about it. she tried to convinve me to get the v6, i wouldnt have it. i said i needed the v8 rumble. she asked around to some of the guys around with vipers, stingrays, camaros, they all said "well thats a lot of car for a new driver, its your call if hes responsible enough." well my mom took all the skepticism into account, but kept in mind she knows me better than anyone, and over the last 16 years she has seen me resist bad behavior, and in the last couple (when i entered hs) resist all drinking, smoking, illegal/immoral activities. she decided to let me follow through with my dream.

after 6 months of total searching, boy i cant tell you how many times i was like i got to get this one its such a good deal and then would have to tell myself calm down there's always another, until i found the deal that there wouldn't be another of. i told my mom its not a deal, its THE deal. i contacted the guy, arranged inspection, drained my personal bank account, and showed up at the doorstep of a man with a 2006 satin silver gt with 38k and dark leather and a manual transmission (the v8, low mileage, dark leather and MT were my requirements for the car). i paid up, had my excited dad drive it back to the house, and spend the entire first night in it. at this point i had one month until my license test. i started off practicing manual in the driveway, up and down (oh how claustrophobic i felt). then to the parking lot, then to backroads. the plan was for me to not drive manual for first month of license due to everyone expecting for me to take longer to catch on. well in the next month i will say i "mastered" the basics (an oxymoron huh? lol) and was ready to drive on my own. now all that stood in the way was the license. the hardest parts were over, getting the gt, learning the stick, getting my mom to be comfortable enough to let me go out by myself as long as i have a license..

i walked into that test center as nervous/excited as ive ever been. it all stood on the line. i was (conveniently) the first test of the long day. as i sat awaiting my tester to get me to start, i held the key of my mustang in my hand and thought about how much this all meant to me and how i need to get back to the stallion licensed. i focused, pocketed the key, took the key of the testers car (ford focus, ford FTW lol) and passed without a woah, wait, or oops. got a straight 100%. got the license and got my dream...

the day after i got my license it was summer. i had my dream car, my dream whether, and my dream id (license). all my savings had bought my car, and my current detailing covered the current expenses (insurance, gas). i have a paid off car and oh it feels so good.

now when people elbow me in the ribs and ask "how do you pay for the gas on that thing, huh blake?" i answer "the same way i got the car, work."

...and let me tell you every minute of work is worth it to feel that v8 roar
Old 08-02-2011, 10:56 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
Now it all started two Thanksgivings ago,

... shortened to save Al Gore's interwebz (this story is so epic, the interwebs can only handle it once)...

And that, my friends, is the story of how Equestria was made.
I only have one emoticon for you...

Old 08-03-2011, 08:01 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Hot damn blake, way to go! Wish I could've saved up that amount of coin during highschool. Congrats on the hard work ethic, we need more people like you in this country.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:11 AM
blake45a
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Hot damn blake, way to go! Wish I could've saved up that amount of coin during highschool. Congrats on the hard work ethic, we need more people like you in this country.
Thanks man! When my friends complain about not having money i tell them there's always extra work to be had, but not enough people willing to work. Money is rarely handed to you in life.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:56 AM
yellowneck86
2nd Gear Member

I bought a mustang, crash. I bought another mustang, still alive.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:35 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by blake45a
Thanks man! When my friends complain about not having money i tell them there's always extra work to be had, but not enough people willing to work. Money is rarely handed to you in life.
Between sports, school, and my first job, I was exhausted. Wish I could've had the energy you did to get out and make some money on the weekends haha. But you're right, there's always extra work to be had. Long term thinking is rewarded.

On a side note, saw a lime green fox body on obnoxious wheels yesterday at steak and shake. Had ridiculous body panels and bumper covers. On top of that, a fart cannon and a corvette flag sticker on the rear bumper.

Chinaman, glad you're still alive haha
Old 08-03-2011, 02:40 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stags
NICE

Where do you study Econ?

Ill be a Junior at USD
University of Illinois funny, but I was originally from NY actually, came all the way out here to become an electrical engineer, but it didn't suit me. As it turns out though I'm enjoying it here in IL more than in NY. Easier going people around, everything is just relaxed and it's sweet.

Man what I'd give to have the climate you probably experience though lol. We basically have winter semester, followed by winter semester, out here. What are you studying?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:29 AM
stags
3rd Gear Member

Im an econ major XD

Interesting time to be studying that...

Quick Reply: POST YOUR COOL STANG STORIES HERE!!!