Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

update and question for my car

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 10:29 AM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Default update and question for my car

seems like my farting problem is about to be solve, he cleaned 4 of the 39lbs injector they were really sticky etc, car respond WAY better from what hes telling me, he also tested the new engine to see if I would have hurted it meanwhile, the compression test were all good, phew..hes gonna clean the 4 other injectors and call it a day, he say you can barely hear the pow pow anymore, with the 4 others cleaned, and the pypes reasonator im putting in the xpipe next week, I think everything will rock on, having long tubes with no cats and huge xpipe seems like everything amplify the sound.
He tryed the car on the dyno, was really hot outside and in the garage and the car made 350 rwhp on a MUSTANG dyno, im curious to take a drive with the car once everything is finish to see how noticeable is the improvement, I dont know how much hp would that mean on a Dynojet, hopefully im close to 380-400 350 sound a bit low, but if it work well, ill take it for sure.

now my real question that I wanna throw out and didnt get any answer last time I asked it is: what are my option, if I want to get a bit more power?
im stock at barely 5 lbs on the M90, is there any kit that could boost it up like 2lbs more, else then the crankpulley, the m90 blower pulley? any kit for the smaller upper pulley? where could I grab that, I just dont know where to look at
Old 09-15-2012, 02:28 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

If you have the stock pulley then yes you can upgrade and get some more power. Do you have an aftermarket CAI yet? That will add some for sure. But before you go adding any more power you have to figure out the tune issue. For $200 brenspeed will write you an amazing tune. My car has never run better and faster with just a tune change. No dyno, just an email tune.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:33 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

i dont think im having a tune issue, the problem were with my injectors, are you refering to the 350 rwhp numbers? thoses are mustang dyno number, i guess they would more likley be like 370-380 on a dynojet. i do have a big cai already, i dont see how could I get more power else then grabbing a kit of pulley, or maybe one piece drive shaft.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:44 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

The whole MD vs dynojet thing isn't always accurate and most of the time blown out of proportion.. You will never know until you jump onto a dynojet.. However, I would say that 350 is pretty close to what you're gonna get.. It would probably be around 360-370 most.. M90s don't make huge power, they're just good little SCs for the price.. If you want more power, you could up the boost by swapping out the pulleys, you run the risk of belt slip but that's a small risk.. If you really want to upgrade then swap to a TVS
Old 09-15-2012, 03:20 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Yep that what i was figuring. But with stock engine i dont think it
Worth the money to grab another s/c, im gonna make
Sure this car is all set then sell it next summer and might try a 2011 n drop a supercharge in it, ive put enough money on this car fixing it
Old 09-15-2012, 03:33 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

You can get the VMP pulley which will supposedly take you close to 500hp at the crank. http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index...=325&parent=97
Old 09-15-2012, 05:16 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mighted1987
i dont think im having a tune issue, the problem were with my injectors, are you refering to the 350 rwhp numbers? thoses are mustang dyno number, i guess they would more likley be like 370-380 on a dynojet. i do have a big cai already, i dont see how could I get more power else then grabbing a kit of pulley, or maybe one piece drive shaft.
I still think you have a tune issue. These are complicated computer controlled engines with a slew of parameters to adjust in the tune. I would only want brenspeed, vmptuning and a few others that offer datalogging to tune my car.

You'll need a sct x3 in order to datalog and you need to hook your wide band to it. It's a lot easier than it sounds.

vmptuning offers pulleys for the m90 and custom tuning for it. You'll be looking at $500us for a sct tuner with blower tune.

Get a dyno sheet from the place it's at now, with Air/fuel and boost logged.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:46 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

Moose, i have the sct programmer with the data loging option, i will have the dyno sheets once i pick up the car by the end of the week, for the air fuel, it is all plugged i just CANT find any where the damn 6 pin/6 wire O2 sensor plug that go with My cobalt wide band it all already installed, just need the sensor that go in the exaust. How is it possible to figure out if the new tune aint correct too? Btw hes ran the dyno run with his air fuel and i was at 11.5 most of the time, he made the tune richer at Some point where it was lean, ill post the dyno sheets if it can help. Vmp pulley sounds interresting

Last edited by mighted1987; 09-15-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 09-15-2012, 05:56 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

What brand wide band do you have? I bought the firewire cable from vmptuning that plugs into the top of the sct x3. Two wires I had to connect to my lc1 wide band controller in order to log the AFR through the sct tuner and livelink on my laptop. It was not plug and play, i had to solder the two wires, only one end of the 6pin firewire cable has a plug. The other end is just loose wires.

I had to reprogram the other analog output from the lc1, it simulates a narrow band signal by default, that was the hardest part.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:07 PM
mighted1987
3rd Gear Member

ouch, i dont have the car with me so dont have the programmer, that look complex rofl

Quick Reply: update and question for my car