Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lease Deal

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 04:23 PM
ADollinger

Default Lease Deal

I am new to the forum and apologize if this is being posted in the wrong area.

I just closed a deal in Kansas City to lease a 2012 V6 Premium Mustang with the Pony Package and navigation. I am ordering it because they don't have exactly what I want. I am interested if you all think I got a good deal. The terms are 39 mo, 3,500 for a trade and sell price right at 28,500 which makes it 340 per mo.

What do you think?
Old 08-08-2011, 07:33 PM
siggyfreud
5th Gear Member

Don't know enough to comment on your actual deal, but wouldn't it have been more prudent to ask that question before you actually closed?

It's kind of like you bought the house, and now you want the appraiser to tell you how much its worth. Seems back asswards .
Old 08-08-2011, 07:44 PM
ADollinger

Honestly I didnt think to do it before. Wish I had.
Old 08-08-2011, 09:41 PM
calimstng66
1st Gear Member

seems ok... should rocked 36 months over 39 now you will be paying for the cars full extra year of registration and fees. If you plan on keeping it after no big deal then.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:22 PM
HenryinFlorida
1st Gear Member

Leases are only good if you plan on getting a new car every 3 or 4 years (or 39 months in your case). To go to end of lease and then finance the end of term balance can be a very big expense IMO.
I used to lease my cars because I wanted a new one every 3 years. I would always make it a no money down lease. I am keeping my Mustang so I purchased it instead of leasing it.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:51 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

You can't mod leased cars can you?
Old 08-09-2011, 06:31 AM
HenryinFlorida
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kput
You can't mod leased cars can you?
I think that really depends on the MOD and weather or not your going to turn it back in at end of lease, or keeping it.
Even if your turning it back in I don't see where true duals would be a problem as long as you didn't use any extreme sounding mufflers, GT takeoffs would be the best bet I think. Also, adding a CAI and tune would be OK as well, you would just replace with original when you turned the car back in. Same with wheels and tires, just keep the ones you took off and put them back on.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:54 AM
calimstng66
1st Gear Member

From what i have discussed with a dealer within the past week this came up when he was talking to me about leases...

You can do cosmetic mods as long as doesnt decrease value. So that means you can tint, wheels, grille, stripes, ext... Pretty much dont screw with engine
Old 08-09-2011, 09:12 AM
ADollinger

Originally Posted by calimstng66
From what i have discussed with a dealer within the past week this came up when he was talking to me about leases...

You can do cosmetic mods as long as doesnt decrease value. So that means you can tint, wheels, grille, stripes, ext... Pretty much dont screw with engine
Exactly. I won't do anything crazy. Probably just tint, switch out the grille and a couple small cosmetic changes.

I agree it doesn't make sense to lease unless you get a new car every 3-4 years, which I will.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:40 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Don't screw with the engine, huh? So if you took out the engine and replaced it with a 5.4, and at the end of the lease you put the old engine back in, that would be fine, right? XD

Quick Reply: Lease Deal