MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   VMP tune ordered!! (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/650227-vmp-tune-ordered.html)

grabber blue gt 08-12-2011 12:13 AM

VMP tune ordered!!

Well I decided to order a tune through VMP. After speaking with Justin @ VMP before, and someone on another forum who also has a 2010 gt auto with an m90 and 2.55 pulley, I figured I would give VMP a try. The guy I spoke to went the same route as me and went with JDM first and his first tune from JDM was lean (same as mine) and once he ordered and uploaded the VMP tune he said the car changed drastically. He said it sounded deeper and more aggressive and the car had much better throttle response and felt like it gained 30hp. I also didnt like the fact that JDM didnt want to datalog either, and Justin @ VMP said he likes to datalog and send adjustments where needed, which is basically like having a dyno tune. When I told Justin my current situation he told me to put the order in tonight and give him a call in the morning and he would get the tune to me by tomorrow afternoon. Once I upload it, I am going to have it put on a dyno to check the air/fuel and take it from there.

I have nothing but great things to say about JDM though, and Jim helped me out greatly with my gt500 fuel system. My appointment for a dyno tune is sept. 15 but I really cant wait that long for my car to be running 100% the way it should. JDM is a great place and they KNOW what theyre doing, but the wait SUCKSSS especially when you need something done soon. I mean I made the appointment last month and the earliest they had was september 15, and even then they wanted to push it back but I wouldnt let them. When you have a blower on your motor the tune is not something that should be messed around with.

madmann26 08-12-2011 08:16 AM

I've talked with a few friends of mine concerning Justin,

They've had nothing but great things to say about him.

I emailed him back in April about a possible dyno tune and my results when I ran my car on a dyno with an email tune and how I thought it should have made more.

4 months later, out of the clear blue, Justin emails me to let me know what someone's car put down with the FRPP Intake Manifold/FRPP HRs,

I was pleased with the follow-up.

2005Redfire6 08-12-2011 09:26 AM

You will be satisfied with VMP! I initially ordered my Vortech tune from him w/ an SCT but ended up getting a dyno tune!

Templar 08-12-2011 09:39 AM

Good to hear, I'm considering a VMP pulley/tune for my Shelby. Thanks!

grabber blue gt 08-12-2011 10:46 AM

Yes I have heard nothing but great things about Justin's tunes. A lot of people say his customer service sucks, but you also have to think he does everything himself and doesnt have a secretary to answer the phone for him lol. Everyone was saying how JDM and VMP are the best for the roush blowers, so I figured what the hell I would just give Justin a call. Once I upload the tune I am going to have it dynoed, so I will let you guys know the results and hopefully I'll pass my current 399rwhp.

grabber blue gt 08-12-2011 11:37 AM

JUST GOT THE VMP TUNE!!!!! Not even 24hours later!! Justin really helped me out on this one and got it out as quick as he could. I am going to load the tune either tonight or tomorrow morning and have it checked on a dyno. I really hope it doesnt run lean on the dyno like my JDM tune did the first time.

Templar 08-12-2011 11:49 AM

Cool! Looking forward to hearing your results! :)

grabber blue gt 08-12-2011 04:42 PM

Well I was supposed to get to the dyno today, but I had problems with my datalogging programs so it ended up setting me back and I had to cancel my appointment. I spoke with Justin and he told me he couldve sent the revisions today if I would've gotten to a dyno and datalogged, but he said to check the air/fuel on the dyno before doing a WOT datalog, and I can even datalog it while on the dyno. Once I get on the dyno, and the air/fuel needs to be mildly adjusted I can just add or remove 2,4, or 6% fuel at WOT to get it where I want it. Once I check the air/fuel I can than do the WOT datalog he wants me to do so he can see if I need any revisions.

On a side note, the car seems to be running 10x smoother. The idle is much milder and smoother, similar to the way it was stock. I felt with the JDM tune it was a bit rough, but JIM didnt want to datalog, so I guess I will never know.