Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I AM SO DONE!! NEED OPINIONS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2011, 05:18 AM
SON OF 68
2nd Gear Member

Grabber, when you think things are bad with your car, just be thankful that you have dynos readily available and tuners as well. It beats the hell out of an old Holley double pumper, taking the car for a burn, reading plugs, changing jets, accelerator pumps, power valves, etc. Only to take it for another test drive, come back and try something else. LOL! What a PITA! And this could go on for days till you got it, maybe right! Ahhh the good ole days!
Old 08-15-2011, 07:37 AM
timmbo
3rd Gear Member

Man....Adam Carolla needs to do a parody of you on "The Car Show" lol. But seriously, you have the simplest of mods on the planet. I've said this countless times and I'll say it one more time. If you want your car to run perfect, ***** to the wall then call BBR in Florida. If he can get me a tune that's perfect with my mods then your car is cake. But hey, don't take it from me...I've only been a professional mechanic and manager of a fleet of ambulances for a large hospital for 20 years!!! I'm old and stupid!

With all due respect son, I've never seen someone have so much drama and trouble over a simple bolt on supercharger kit and a tune. I mean it's not like you've got some outrageous alcohol injected engine with twin turbos and a thousand horsepower.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:58 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

do you have a reputable tuner nearby? when i had the blown 10 i didnt have anyone close that i felt safe tuning my car. i ordered the vmp 500 kit installed it and then put the car on a dyno because i wanted to see what it put down and had them do the AFR. it was lean and justin had me datalog and all was fine. if you get on the dyno and see that you are lean, you can add in a bit of fuel with your tuner to keep things safe until justin can fix it. this is exactly what i did and then he got me dialed in and all was fine. I'd rather work with a tuner that knows what they are doing than risk jim bobs speed shop blowing up my car. Youve already dropped all that money on mail order tune,s just hit the dyno, pay for AFR, and get justin to tweak.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:14 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Chris Rose is actually going to tune it at Tillman Speed. We are most likely setting up for Saturday and I am bringing the car down there on a trailer just incase of anything I atleast have a way to get home lol (Tillman is 2 hours away). When I uploaded the VMP tune and felt the way the car was, I was just nervous about the way it ran. I seriously wonder if I should just go to a dyno and check the VMP tune before I head down to tillman. I mean datalogging with Justin is just like having a dyno tune. I can just have the air/fuel checked and if I still dont like his tune, just keep my appointment for saturday, but say I do LOVE it like everyone else does with his tunes it does save me $450

Last edited by grabber blue gt; 08-15-2011 at 03:17 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:24 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

worst case scenario with justins tune is that you are lean by some degree. load it up and get it checked. he fixed mine for me no issues at all
Old 08-15-2011, 10:33 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Yeah I think I am going to do that. Just have the air/fuel checked this way I can datalog it with him, and say I still really dont like it I can just keep my appointment with Tillman.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:08 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
......jim bobs speed shop blowing up my car. .
No Shane its "Dirty Moes Speed Shop outta Phengerbang Arkansas", serious redneck tuning!

Grabber you remind me when Blacksmoke got cams, gears and longtubes. Dude your car is fine, now get Chris Rose to check the tune and be happy and enjoy it.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:43 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Well I just got back from the dyno and have mixed results. The good news is, my JDM tune is good and the air fuel ranges from 11.7 - 12.3 which they said isnt bad, but I would like them to add more fuel but its fine for the car until sept. 15. The bad news is, the VMP tune ran extremely rich and the air/fuel dropped down to 10.0 but Justin still wants me to do a 2nd or 3rd gear datalog which I am a little skeptical about since it was so rich. The tune itself just smelt so damn rich and stunk at idle. I am keeping my dyno tune appointment with JDM for Sept. 15 but not sure if I should even bother with the VMP tune. I mean I feel like I wasted $250 if i dont datalog, but I dont want to hurt anything in the process.

Any thoughts??
Old 08-16-2011, 07:49 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

11.7-12.3 is optimal, I would just run it like that and drive the hell out of it.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:53 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Alright I'll get pics of the burnout from my local meet tonight ;]. I sent my dyno graphs to Jim @ JDM so I am hoping they will add a little fuel this way it keeps my air/fuel closer to 11.5-11.8. I would rather be safe than sorry, but I have a feeling they are going to say its fine.

Quick Reply: I AM SO DONE!! NEED OPINIONS!!!