Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found On Road Dead

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2011, 04:38 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by autos221
yar it wouldn't start and wouldn't jump
you taking it to the stealership to get it looked at? Hopefully you'll get back on the road quickly...

BTW, the sarcasm is coming across as bashing the car, as if you were a camaro fanboy... I even thought you were trolling.

D
Old 08-14-2011, 04:42 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I read through your other posts, don't really think you're trollin'. Hope things work out for you and it's an easy fix.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:00 PM
autos221
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Gotsta love me a good troll in the afternoon.
not trolling just pissed
Old 08-14-2011, 05:04 PM
autos221
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
I read through your other posts, don't really think you're trollin'. Hope things work out for you and it's an easy fix.
Most likely going to get F in the A by the dealership because my parents bought me the car and getting it fixed is going to be an issue with a part time job and college....also I have a sub in the back with an amp so they will say that caused it most likely.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:12 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

That's unfortunate man. I was there (college/job/BROKE)...hopefully things will work out. Never know what will happen, just try to stay positive. There's too much good in life to focus on the negatives!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:13 PM
BigDinTexas
4th Gear Member

Most likely going to get F in the A by the dealership because my parents bought me the car and getting it fixed is going to be an issue with a part time job and college....also I have a sub in the back with an amp so they will say that caused it most likely.
It's a 2009 with 20k miles... is it still under warranty?

What is it doing? You said it wouldn't jump, but with the jumper cables on, did the lights come on? Was the battery completely drained?

Maybe listing some of the details could help us help you (in my best Jerry Mcguire voice)

D
Old 08-14-2011, 05:19 PM
autos221
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
It's a 2009 with 20k miles... is it still under warranty?

What is it doing? You said it wouldn't jump, but with the jumper cables on, did the lights come on? Was the battery completely drained?

Maybe listing some of the details could help us help you (in my best Jerry Mcguire voice)

D
When I first tried to start it all it did was click and the lights dimmed very low
then me and a guy popped the clutch and it started right up, after like 10min I turned it off to see if it was charged and it did not come on. Then I got jumper cables and let it charge for like 20min...all the lights worked but it would not turn on it would just crank once and several clicking noises and then ford roadside assistance rolled up
Old 08-14-2011, 05:29 PM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

When I first tried to start it all it did was click and the lights dimmed very low
then me and a guy popped the clutch and it started right up, after like 10min I turned it off to see if it was charged and it did not come on. Then I got jumper cables and let it charge for like 20min...all the lights worked but it would not turn on it would just crank once and several clicking noises and then ford roadside assistance rolled up
What do you mean "popped the clutch and it started right up?" Do you mean you push started it? If that's the case, everything else just sounds like just a bad battery to me.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:41 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

sounds like the battery is done for. I just changed mine. same issue. perfect now. Did you try that before you have the dealership tell you the water in your headlights is low and needs a refill for $ 300 ???
Old 08-14-2011, 06:17 PM
autos221
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by eddypython
sounds like the battery is done for. I just changed mine. same issue. perfect now. Did you try that before you have the dealership tell you the water in your headlights is low and needs a refill for $ 300 ???
I wonder if the battery is under warranty and there was yellow stuff coming out of it

Quick Reply: Found On Road Dead