Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Guy here, intro with 29 pics and 4 vids to share.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 04:47 PM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

Cool New Guy here, intro with 29 pics and 4 vids to share.

What’s up Mustang Forum!

Like many other before me, I’ve been following these forums for quite a while before finaly deciding to join, introduce myself, ask questions, make comments, and contribute what I can from my limited experience. This post may be a bit long, but I’ll make it as interesting as possible with pictures and videos so there is no need for one of these: lol. So here we go, the name is Derek. I was never really into cars, used to think a car was just a car until roughly 2 ½ years ago a friend of mine purchased a used 2005 Mustang V6. Completely in stock form at the time, he was telling me about it and I got to sit in it but I didn’t drive it. I thought it was cool, thinking nothing else of it but for some reason I just couldn't get it out of my mind. That day, I began researching and the more I read and saw of Mustangs, the more I could see myself driving one. Sure enough, from that day on, I made it a goal to buy a Mustang. Wasn’t until last year I quit my part time job at the mall and found a full time job working in the production department of one of the busiest print shops in Vegas. Some of our work is for the Las Vegas Hilton convention center, printing graphics for major trade shows such as SEMA! Which I was fortunate enough to attend to last year thanks to my job.

Mustangs drifting out in front of the convention center, especially Vaughn Gittin Jr's Formula D Mustang could be heard from a mile away, literally could hear it far far away where I finally found parking at the top of an 8 level parking garage.

The first area I went to, I look to my right and behold, Red Mist's pimped out Mustang haha, interesting car nonetheless.

Video walk around the car:
:

In this pic, I was too busy taking pictures and drooling over the RTR wheels at the CDC booth to notice the guy from The Smoking Tire in the background until I got home and went through my photos lol.

__________________________________________________ _________

Moving on, in July 2010 I decided it was time to buy, so I go down to the dealership and put 14K down for a base model 2011 Mustang V6 performance white.

With the information from the Mustang Forum, I had it slightly modded. 20% window tint, smoked 35% tail lights/3rd brake/front and rear side markers, K&N drop-in air filter, hood spears, magnetic blackout decklid, 2010 GT black pony emblem, installed OEM fog lights with attempted to color match fog light housing using AutoZone spray paint lol, and BORLA ATAKs mufflers (which I have for sale btw), and plasti dipped my wheels/spoiler and it seems as though plasti dip has been catching on in these forums lately.

Had that car, yes I said had, for roughly 8 months almost paid off and ended up trading it in two months ago for my dream car, a black 2012 Mustang GT premium fully loaded(glass roof, HID, reverse sensors, remote start, comfort package). At the time of my V6 purchase, it was all I could afford. Well, if I had the money, my dream car would be a Nissan GT-R, please don’t ban me for that lol.

Funny thing is I left my CD in my V6 so I had to turn around and parked right next to it to get a side by side shot.

On the way back from the dealership, I had a guy in a Dodge Charger SRT-8 with his girlfriend in the passenger seat pull up next to me at a red light, paranoid as I was, sure enough he mashes the pedal screeching across the intersection thinking he just smoked me but I didn’t even try because I wanted to get used to the power this beast puts down before I floor it and run into a light pole or worse, and street racing in general is a no no let alone mid-day with traffic all around.

So as of today I’ve had my round one of mods completed since the which include, LLumar CTX Series 15% sides/rear and LLumar 80% Air Blue on the front windshield, clear matte decklid panel, vinyl blackout (20%) tint overlays for front/rear side markers and 3rd brake light, chrome turn signals that light up amber, HID fogs from Hoen with 50% tint overlay on the fogs, LEDs all around (dome, license, trunk, reverse), Honda S2000 antenna, Pony visor sticker, painted my center caps black, and overridden the remote start so it does not shut off when I open the doors.

Red Rock Canyon:

Hoover Dam Bridge:

Around the neighborhood, and letting my friends take it for a spin. Surprisingly, with the glass roof, there's extra headroom compared to my V6 and the panoramic view from the backseat is the best!

Misc.

Pair of five ohs

Parked way in the back at the L.A. Zoo

Wanted to keep it looking stock as long as possible with subtle mods. I have resisted modding any further for nearly 4 months, but looking through this forum only feeds the addiction lol. Round 2 is next month which includes cai + tune, wheel change, new front end look, catback exhaust, more aggressive spoiler. Keeping it as general as possible so to keep the surprise when I post a new thread in the 2010+ Appearance Section.

As I come to an end, I present to you last but not at the very least, the car that inspired me not only to buy a Mustang, but led me to major in something automotive related in college. If not for my friend and his Mustang, I'd probably be driving a hybrid and majoring in electrical engineering technology. His, a base model 2005 Mustang V6 satin silver, now modded with Dual exhaust with BORLA Stingers, blackout pillar between grille and headlights courtesy of plasti dip haha, blackout head and tail light covers, Saleen wheels wrapped in Nittos, MGP red caliper covers, Bullitt Style black fuel door, BBK CAI + BAMA tune, TCI StreetFighter Ratchet Shifter, drilled rotors, hawk pads, and smoked front and rear side maker lenses.

Whether you've read this far or just skipped through looking at the pictures, I thank you for taking the time.

Off the top of my head, shout outs to 05XRUNNER, Digital_Synapse, theAce, Entrenched are some of my favorite Mustangs I've come across.

The End.

Last edited by goodfun_gt; 06-16-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:09 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

That Red Mist Mustang is horrible lol.
Is that a real movie?

They actually put "I can't read your mind, But I can kick your ***!" the poster
quote? HAHAHAHAAA! Now that is LAME!

Oh wait that was from the Kick *** movie right?
I never saw that poster before hahaha!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:34 PM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

haha yeah, it's from the movie Kick ***.

The poster did say movie car 3 of 3, but I only spotted 2 at the show. Can't imagine someone buying one for $100k+.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:58 PM
magnido45
2nd Gear Member

cool man...thanks for sharing!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 05:59 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

First, I'd like to say, that was a good story, your vehicle is beautiful! Now this...:

"So as of today I’ve had my round one of mods completed since the which include, LLumar CTX Series 15% sides/rear and LLumar 80% Air Blue on the front windshield, clear matte decklid panel, vinyl blackout (20%) tint overlays for front/rear side markers and 3rd brake light, chrome turn signals that light up amber, HID fogs from Hoen with 50% tint overlay on the fogs, LEDs all around (dome, license, trunk, reverse), Honda S2000 antenna, Pony visor sticker, painted my center caps black, and overridden the remote start so it does not shut off when I open the doors."

WTF!!!!!???!!!!????! lol
Old 08-24-2011, 06:11 PM
goodfun_gt
2nd Gear Member

Hey, it works! lol

Don't know if it was this forum or another, but a guy had it on his GT and it looks better than the aftermarket shorty ones specifically made for our cars, and works perfectly.
Old 08-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Templar
3rd Gear Member

Great pics and vids, Thanks!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:17 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
That Red Mist Mustang is horrible lol.
Is that a real movie?

They actually put "I can't read your mind, But I can kick your ***!" the poster
quote? HAHAHAHAAA! Now that is LAME!

Oh wait that was from the Kick *** movie right?
I never saw that poster before hahaha!
Thats from the movie "Kick ***"
Old 08-24-2011, 06:21 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Very nice upgrade sir! The V6 sounded really nice as well! Welcome!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Honda S2000 antenna,

WTF!!!!!???!!!!????! lol
Yeah, I noticed that right away too

I'm not particularly afraid to raid another mfr's parts bin for a project effort either.

Quite the intro.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 08-24-2011 at 06:27 PM.

Quick Reply: New Guy here, intro with 29 pics and 4 vids to share.