Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 mustang roush supercharger Hesitation

Old 08-28-2011, 01:15 PM
esp3500
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
^ I was going to say, maybe there was a reason this guy wanted to sell this unit. Just saying.
I have thought about that also, although I contacted him and he says no it wasn't haveing any problems.
I also can't find fault in the SC since it is just an air pump and it is doing that.
I have questioned the injectors that came with it, but again I can not find fault in them.

Since I have no way to do an in debth datalog with the sct, ( like I can with my tweecer on my 95) I was hoping that the guys at the dyno shop could find something that my datalogs don't show me.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:43 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I hope that the shop can help you out. Noone should ever not enjoy their stang! lol
Old 08-28-2011, 05:01 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Going back to basics - I'm sure your tuner checked the vacuum lines, and made sure they are not leaking or kinked. TB cleaned? MAF sensor cleaned? Plugs colder and gapped correctly?

You mentioned he said that the timing was low and the car was running lean. How is that possible if the tune is "correct" in theory. The PCM will adjust as needed to a point, but if it's way off (as it seems to be), then maybe it's the PCM box itself. Maybe it is not taking the tunes, or it is corrupted in some way.

Also, could be a bad MAF sensor, O2 sensor, etc., but that should throw a code.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:04 PM
esp3500
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by kenthicken
Going back to basics - I'm sure your tuner checked the vacuum lines, and made sure they are not leaking or kinked. TB cleaned? MAF sensor cleaned? Plugs colder and gapped correctly?

You mentioned he said that the timing was low and the car was running lean. How is that possible if the tune is "correct" in theory. The PCM will adjust as needed to a point, but if it's way off (as it seems to be), then maybe it's the PCM box itself. Maybe it is not taking the tunes, or it is corrupted in some way.

Also, could be a bad MAF sensor, O2 sensor, etc., but that should throw a code.
Yes, We didn't even finish the 2nd pull on the dyno when i put the Bama 93 octane tune in it was too lean at WOT.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:33 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Why don't you just get a tune from a true m90 tuner... Don't get me wrong I loved my bam a tunes when I was naturally aspirated and never had a complaint but why don't you go with a tuner who specializes in m90 tunes like vmp or JDM
Old 08-28-2011, 09:41 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by esp3500
Yes, We didn't even finish the 2nd pull on the dyno when i put the Bama 93 octane tune in it was too lean at WOT.
Yeah that's way wrong. I say call jdm and talk to them. They are BLOWN mustangs and a roush dealer. When I called roush about a tune for long tubes and cams they said to call jdm.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:18 AM
keester
2nd Gear Member

I am a total rookie but just want to ask this question. Do you still have the stock charge motion plates. The reason I ask, just spent the the last 17 months driving a very slow Mustang. Long story short got a tuner had codes cleared them to make sure it was not a fluke, they did not come back for 3 months never had a check engine light ever. Turns out rodents had chewed the wire (previous owner) for the plates they had never opened before last week. Totally different car.....Hope you get it worked out..
Old 08-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Why is he talking about a wastegate, there is no wastegate on a M90, its not a turbo??
Old 08-29-2011, 06:10 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roy_R
Why is he talking about a wastegate, there is no wastegate on a M90, its not a turbo??
Correct, but there is a bypass that operates at low throttle.
Old 08-29-2011, 06:48 PM
esp3500
1st Gear Member

Default Back form the dyno

well I just got my car back form the tuners.
They worked long and hard getting this tune right.
But I can say that I got my moneys worth.
The hesitation is almost gone.
The horse power went from a wimpy 317 hp and 319 torque
To 382 hp and 340 torque.

As I said before this is on a MD Mustang dyno that is kown to be conservative.
For comparison there was a new Challenger rt 392 hemi on the dyno when I got there to pick mine up and it dynoed Near the same, and they advertise them at 470 hp. but it did make more torque than mine ( 370 to my 340 )

Anyway it still does not feel as strong as my 95, but the E/T's I get This coming Saturday will tell the story.

Thanks so much for all your help. I know I will have many other questions if I keep this car. ( That too will be decide Saturday )

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2006 mustang roush supercharger Hesitation