Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Wax for our Babies?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:28 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

Default Best Wax for our Babies?

What do you guys think is the best quality wax is for our cars? Price isnt a factor, I dont mindshelling out the $$$ for the good stuff. But ive been underwhelmed by the Meguiars NXT and Armorall Butter Smooth and wash and waxes dont cut for me
Old 08-31-2011, 09:35 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Meguiars works for me.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:37 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

If I were to say what the absolute best would be...lol price might make a difference to you.

Two great waxes:

http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-fuz...r-car-wax.html

http://www.autogeek.net/natural-carnauba-wax.html

Both of those are incredible waxes, way beyond my price point at least.

When I aim to go to a car show though, I put on wolfgang paint sealant

http://www.autogeek.net/wg5500.html

It's pricey but to me it's worth it, and it lasts months as it states...not weeks like waxes. It takes an overnight for it to fully cure and be ready to go but it protects incredibly and it has a wet reflection like a high quality wax. I've applied it twice and still have probably 9/10ths of the bottle full. If I really want it to shine I top it with Meguiars gold class
Old 08-31-2011, 09:41 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

I just use turtle wax synthetic. Get the turtle wax clay bar kit, you will be blown away how your car looks if you do it properly.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:46 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

OHSHI thats an expensive wax... for that much $$$ Id rather get some LCAs or some such fun
Old 08-31-2011, 09:47 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

This is the only wax I use

http://www.obsessivedetail.com/wetobsession.html
Old 08-31-2011, 10:08 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I have used every wax you can get in a store and many you can't, and this is by far my favorite. It is kind of expensive from the looks of it, but I have had mine since February and it still hasn't run out. If you want to see any pics demonstrating it's shine, PM me or check out the Adams forums on that website.
Old 08-31-2011, 11:57 PM
Souldriver
1st Gear Member

crap,

just spent 20 minutes writing a review for zaino stuff. (http://www.zainostore.com/ btw)
and i forgot to hit the post button. ::craps pants::

but here is the just of it all.
- its not called a wax, but its a "polish" but its applied and does the same thing as a wax

- buy one of the kits, the ultimate kit pays off if you have leather and follow the instructions. the first time through it will take an afternoon form start to finish but the more you do it it takes much less time. I now wash wax and detail the car in an hour or so. also get an extra bottle of detail spray and the sealer. they come in handy, especially if youre like me and cant stop wiping down every little fingerprint.

- its black safe. trim stripes, plastics wont get ruined or get white spots on them

- a little goes a long way

- clay bar is key

- dont be like me, look at the weather so the second you finish it doesnt rain, not that it hurts anything but i always time that badly and you cant admire your work in the rain

- dont use anything with silicon in it, especially tire shine. it will sling, it will be hard to get off, and if you use real products on your tire anytime after it wont adhere and look right. you will have to literally scrape the gunk off your tires. it wont wash off, you need to scrape it off and even then it will still be in the letter grooves. that was one of the worst mistakes i made finishing the car.

besides that its really easy and looks really good. if not for this time but for when your other stuff runs out
pictures:

the trees in this one make for a lot of reflection that makes it look liquid wet.

in contrast, this is what it looked like after the dealer "washes, waxed and detailed" it for pickup

after zaino the finish looks deeper, wetter, and not dull. even the rims on the before picture looked like they are painted rims compared to polished or chrome ones. but do note almost all of these pictures were taken on overcast days.

i cant say anything about the longevity of it but ill put it this way,
After Hurricane Irene stormed through i was happy that the car wasnt crushed under a tree and that nothing happened to the paint and water still beads up and sheets off. the only thing wrong is that the windows and mirrors all have a hazy film on it i have yet to wipe off. i put rainx on the windows so its not the zainos fault (i havent looked at the zaino glass stuff b/c im finishing the rainx first), but water on the glass also beads up and falls off. to be honest with this one i cant say either zaino or rain x is a bad product. I mean it was a hurricane for petes sake, all the cars had it on them so im guessing its a dirt debris water thing.

Last edited by Souldriver; 08-31-2011 at 11:59 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:54 AM
07 GT E UPP
3rd Gear Member

Mother's F/X Syn wax is incredible on my Black....
Old 09-01-2011, 05:57 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

My favorite wax used to me the Synwax but I tried a wax you can only get online called
Collinite #845 and fell in love with it.
It's liquid wax and is SO EASY to apply and remove.

That and it has lasted 4 months so far through the Texas weather.
It has lasted longer than ANY store bought wax I have EVER tried hands down.

If you want a wax that will really last without being a hassle to do,
I HIGHLY recommend it.
A squirt on the pad about the size of a quarter will cover the ENTIRE panel of
the car. Really awesome stuff!

I heard people raving about it and did not think it would be that big of a deal me being an negative attitude type of guy when it comes to the differences of waxes when it really came down to it but I tell you this stuff has me sold!

Was great going to three car shows this summer and only having to use the california duster and some wheel and tire cleaner to have her
ready for the shows!

Quick Reply: Best Wax for our Babies?