Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Should I buy this Gt500

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Also... I would want to actually LOOK at the car itself if I was buying a used one. Especially since its a GT500!
I wouldn't want a place to ship it to me unless they sent me DETAILED CLOSE UP pics that I could have as evidence just in case they tried to pull a fast one on me, and I would REALLY have to trust the place I was doing business with.

luckydawg:
I am STILL sending you PM's of GT500's for the states you told me.
You probably have a list of at least 20-30 right now with good prices and low mileage.
All of the ones I listed have the location plus links to their item webpage and many also have phone numbers
I provided you with to call them if I saw it.

I have found quite a good number of black ones but some of the other colors I sent you have some VERY good deals on them as well.
I'm like you though... I would pay thousands more in order to have a black one hahaa!

Go through and check all those out. Call the places, talk numbers with them.
Try to get them to go down because you are driving so far and you ARE SERIOUS about buying if you are willing to drive so far. They are OFTEN VERY willing to go down on price when they know they practically have it sold if your happy with the price since you are driving so far. It is a VERY good negotiating tool to have!

If any members ever need help with this just P.M. me.
I am VERY good at finding cars online that have good deals.
I did A LOT of this while I was searching for our GT500 so I have my method down and I know how
to track down the best deals really fast.

luckydawg,
I know we can and WILL find the right one for you!
I'm so happy for you and I get exited myself when I hear someone is searching for their dream car,
and I'm MORE than glad to be helping you.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 09-04-2011 at 12:07 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:57 AM
stangoutlaw
1st Gear Member

drive the 4 hours to look at the car especially if your gonna spend that kind of money. I see them all the time on ebay ranging from $30-38 grand, so the price sounds good for the mileage.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:09 PM
lunyou
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas
Not always... Sometimes the dealers get "kickbacks" for getting financing for cars they sell, especially from credit unions... It can help them sell a car for a little less and make it up in the financing...

My suggestion is to work that system too... If they can get you a better deal with financing, then take it and make a single payment to pay off the loan after the deal is signed.

Don
If you're making one single payment just make sure there are no early payoff penalties.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:10 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

^good point!
Old 09-04-2011, 01:48 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Paying cash gives you the upper hand. If you can find out how long the car has been sitting on their lot it'll help you know how much they will be willing to deal. Get a carfax on it. If its been around more than 2 to 3 months advantage you.