Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 mustang Gt supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 09:15 PM
hanksGT

Default 05 mustang Gt supercharger

i have a stock 2005 GT. i was thinking about putting a supercharger into
but are there any parts that u=i should put on before i put the supercharger on?
Old 09-03-2011, 09:30 PM
99gtstang
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hanksGT
i have a stock 2005 GT. i was thinking about putting a supercharger into
but are there any parts that u=i should put on before i put the supercharger on?
First, I would put on the "search" button...

others may chime in.... Suspension/tires for better traction and an oil separator.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:37 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Probably wouldn't hurt to work on the internals, depending on which blower you're looking at and how much boost you want to get out of it.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:40 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Before you buy anything you really need to educate yourself on the differences between the many choices your have in supercharging. You also want to consider what other mods you may need to to go along with it, ie new clutch, LTs, wider tires etc... Who is gonna do the tune cause the tune is everything. And of course you need to define your budget cause we are all on some sort of budget and FI aint cheap. All these answers are out there you just have to read on. You really cant ask the question, whats the best or which one should I buy. You have to understand what the differences are in the kind of supercharger you end up buying.
I have a Roush M90. Its a small blower only building 5-8 lbs of boost, so its limited in the room to grow dept, but its known to be a safe blower which is what I really wanted living so far away from the mainland. If you have m90 questions I can answer those.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:35 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Like 808 said, you need to educate yourself before doing ANY mods. I got my car in august of last year and from the minute I got it all I did was read on this forum. I honestly never planned on getting a blower, but in June my funds were right so I got one, but I had a tonnnnn on info that I already knew about them and what else is needed. If you want a safe blower, just go with the m90 like 808 suggested. You can just buy the kit, install it and get the roush tune and you will be up to 430hp and completely safe. Usually when you pass 500hp (or 450rwhp) you may need to upgrade other things such as the clutch or even the driveshaft
Old 09-03-2011, 10:51 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

I agree. do your research THOROUGHLY, talk to other people locally, see other setups in person. There are lots of meets and get-togethers in different parts of texas you can go to and find various configurations, learn what's good and bad, etc.

There are many factors and options available, some you can use with your stock engine, others you cant. Read and learn before buying anything.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:38 PM
sactown
4th Gear Member

if you want the down low, send me a PM I will put together a complete list of my mods, shoud hit high 10's next weekend if the temp is not to high, still running a stock block.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:37 AM
hanksGT

thanks for all your input. The blower i was looking into was a Ford racing supercharger on americanmuscle.com. right now i have a jlt CAI with a BAMA tune.
Old 09-04-2011, 03:38 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I'd be careful of the mileage on your motor when considering a supercharger.

Just a thought..
Old 09-04-2011, 01:38 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Thats a great kit, hope you dont have an auto trans. Your gonna need some serious tires, probably a new clutch and some gauges to start.

Quick Reply: 05 mustang Gt supercharger