Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrecked my car... (pics!)

Old 09-12-2011, 09:18 PM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
And you want to know another kicker? A cute new girl at work wanted to "take a ride in my car" and she just "loves Mustangs" so I was planning on doing that tomorrow night, except now that I can't even open the passenger door, and just sitting in the car shoves glass shards into your arms, it may not be such a good idea.
You should take her in that blue GT lol! But seriously hope you get the car fixed and fixed right, while getting some new stuff for it. I had my share of fender benders and its not a fun thing to go through, I feel your pain.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:28 PM
humansieve
1st Gear Member

I feel for You, it looks like it was a real clean car before the crash. I was taught a long time ago not to brake or swerve for rodents it will actually make it harder for them to get out of your way. I wouldn't swerve for a cat either. Doubtful my theory would work with a turtle though. Best of luck, whether You go insurance or not. I don't see much of an option there for you though thats a lot of damage. Chin up! Its still driveable.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:30 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Well, at least you're ok, mostly at least.
Give that gal a ride; clean up the glass and let her climb in from the driver side

Was the squirrel high-fiving it with his buddy?

Seriously, run it over if it's safer. I've hit quite a few animals in my days (my daughter is the worst though, if its near the road, it'll run out in front of her). Almost always better to hit an animal and stay in control and on the road, unless it's something big.

Door can maybe be repaired. Fender replacement and quarter panel work. You can find a fender and probably even a door.
But if insurance is going to cover it, it'll get fixed right. If the bumpers are deemed needing repair (might as well try), there's opportunity for upgrades.

It'll be interesting seeing your rebuild. Good luck.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:32 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Insurance deductible is 500 bucks, so we'll be good hopefully.

I actually just might do that if I can convince my dad to let me take it out after just wrecked my own car.

Yes, I usually keep it very clean. I actually make a decent sum from detailing neighbors/family cars. What made me even more pissed was that I had detailed my engine bay AT the show in front of everyone to show off Adam's products and it was completely clean and beautiful. I just popped the trunk and it's covered in dirt and leaves and flowers and some dead bugs.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:32 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Wow dude. Sorry about the car, but glad you're okay, mostly. Those pics are hard to look at. Makes me understand why my grandfather used to sit in the back yard and shoot any squirrels with his pellet gun that climbed up his bird feeder. He was a crazy old man to say the least.

Seriously get that GT and go take her for a ride.

Last edited by X3xMONGOOSEx3X; 09-12-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Oh no, Mustang!
That sucks so bad, especially since you just did some work on it. I hope you can get it fixed better than new. If you claim insurance maybe you can have your side stripes relaid in blue or pained.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:35 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Also, I know the door can be repaired. The dents can be popped out and any real scrapes (which are not visible in the photos) will just require a repaint, but I refuse to let that happen. I want a new door, not an epoxied up dented door that has been resprayed. Plus, it gives me a chance to fix the door grinding away on the window.

I jacked it up and looked underneath to see if there was anything obviously wrong, and was happy to see there wasn't. Except the plastic in the front wheel well, which was falling apart completely. It was cracked in like 4 places and a chunk was actually missing.
Old 09-12-2011, 09:36 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadMike1337
Damn that sucks. I would of just hit it....
Old 09-12-2011, 10:03 PM
eddypython
3rd Gear Member

ouch that sucks. next time, just run the little f%$@#er over.. Hope you will get the car fixed up. Might end up making it look wa nicer. Like pascal said, get insurance involved even if the rates might go up a bit. it's still better to fix it than ride around in a car that has that sort of damage.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:03 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Glad you are alright but you live and you learn man. Sorry about the car, hopefully everything turns out alright.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wrecked my car... (pics!)