Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrecked my car... (pics!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 11:40 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Repeat after me....I AM A DUMBASS!!! Next time go straight...over the dog, cat, Muslim!!! Luckily have a spare in the garage!!!
Old 09-13-2011, 12:03 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Dude these pics hurt me on a emotional and personal level, considering we have pretty similar cars some of those shots looked almost identical- either way, I am SO SORRY for your loss man.

And to think I was kicking myself for bottoming out in a parking lot the other day... I need to be more thankful of what I have.

Good luck on the repair man, I wish I could do something to help, but all I can offer are my sincerest condolences. Don't kick yourself, we're Human! Error is built into every single one of us. Insurance should take care of you, but get ready to pay a new premium for the next 10 years =(

Can't wait to see it all fixed up, and take care of that shoulder! Your well being is just as important, so keep an eye on it.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:31 AM
stags
3rd Gear Member

I feel you man. I got home from a 1500 mile road trip earlier this summer and rear ended a truck with a trailer hitch the next day. While I wasnt smart enough to get the GT/CS bumper cover (Kicks Self), I did get to upgrade to the Cervinis type IV hood.

If I were you, I would make sure that hood gets a big dent in it before the insurance adjuster comes along... Then get your body panels replaced, that 67 hood you want, GT/CS bumpers, and a chrome Billet grille. Oh, and go with a shorty antenna while youre at it.

It sucks cuz shes ur baby, but use it as an excuse to upgrade
Old 09-13-2011, 12:34 AM
stags
3rd Gear Member

Sorry. I didnt see that you somehow managed to avoid crunching your bumpers. some hammer work fixes that problem
Old 09-13-2011, 01:14 AM
parchisi
3rd Gear Member

I feel for ya man. Similar story to mine, except I was going 90 on a straight, deserted country road surrounded by fields. Armadillo came out, I hit the brakes, rear locked up and started to swing around, let off but too late, went into a ditch and rolled 3 times.

Yes, I was a dumbass and should have just hit the damned animal. But unless you go through that scenario in your mind beforehand, and make a concerted effort to know what you're going to do when the situation occurs, there's not really much time to go through the options in your head and make a logical decision...you're just going to react.

Just let this be a lesson to anybody reading this thread, go through possible emergency situations in your mind and know how you want to react ahead of time, before the actual situation happens to you.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:22 AM
OIIIIO
4th Gear Member

1. thank God you're not seriously hurt.
2. weeks from now, your baby will look better than before!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:44 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

That sucks bro! **** happens. Good luck with everything and def. take that GT to work one day and take said girl for a ride!
Old 09-13-2011, 03:16 AM
Franchi
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear that bro. Car can be fixed though, your life cannot. That's what insurance is for. Glad you came out ok and hopefully in the end, the car will be even sexier then it was before!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:14 AM
autos221
2nd Gear Member

I would of Ran the damn bish over and got a new front bumper
Old 09-13-2011, 05:27 AM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear that for sure!! BUT maybe you can drive that Shelby?? thats in your garage?

Quick Reply: Wrecked my car... (pics!)