Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with super chargers what tune?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 12:28 AM
mattstang2007
3rd Gear Member

Default Those with super chargers what tune?

I tried this in the tuner section with no answer.

I have a brenspeed tune with my supercharger they installed, great people and company Btw. The reason I ask is I had both Bama race and brenspeeds 93 tune. And I feel the Bama race tune would just go, through all rpms and was just nasty lol. so I am thinking maybe a Bama tune for a supercharged application would be even better. I hear that brespeeds tunes are very conservative, but good. What do you guys think, leave it how it is or give Bama a try. Or do you think i would really gain anything from the switch? hopefully someone has tried both tuners.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:24 AM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

Neither. ...well, actually, since they installed the supercharger, did they custom tune or use a canned tune? YOU WANT A PROPER CUSTOM TUNE. Period. Do it right.
Old 09-13-2011, 03:12 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Bama no longer tunes for superchargers. I heard he used to tune for Magnachargers back i the day, but that's about it. I already contacted them awhile back about it and even now with AM. I think JDM or VMP can also make great tunes for the Vortech..

I just run the Brenspeed tune and it works great
Old 09-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

I ran a canned Brenspeed tune for the Paxton 2200. I noticed the fuel mix at WOT was too rich, so I sent them a dyno graph and they sent me a revised tune free of charge. The new tune was spot on on the fuel mixture, first try.

I know it is recommended that you take your car to be dyno tuned, but if you have the same problem as me; that is, you live in a small tropical island with few dyno tuners aorund, and all are honda civic tuning doofuses, then brenspeed should be your best bet.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:48 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

bama doesnt tune for superchargers. They are starting to pick up more and more. I saw on saleens site that am was gonna start selling saleens. Anyway i would say stay with the brenspeed. i know they are conservative but if your pushing it with the block then u might wanna play it safe
Old 09-14-2011, 06:28 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mattstang2007
I tried this in the tuner section with no answer.

I have a brenspeed tune with my supercharger they installed, great people and company Btw. The reason I ask is I had both Bama race and brenspeeds 93 tune. And I feel the Bama race tune would just go, through all rpms and was just nasty lol. so I am thinking maybe a Bama tune for a supercharged application would be even better. I hear that brespeeds tunes are very conservative, but good. What do you guys think, leave it how it is or give Bama a try. Or do you think i would really gain anything from the switch? hopefully someone has tried both tuners.
You already used our tunes previously and loved them, what makes you think you won't love them again?

Also, whoever told you guys that we don't tune for superchargers was not entirely correct.

We do TONS of S/C tunes, just no vortech tunes, unfortunately. Vortechs need to be dyno-tuned to get a proper calibration.

If you check out this list: http://www.americanmuscle.com/notune.html
you can see what exactly we tune for and what we don't.
So, unless you have a Vortech/centrifugal blower on your 07GT, we could certainly tune for it!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:26 PM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisYoung
You already used our tunes previously and loved them, what makes you think you won't love them again?

Also, whoever told you guys that we don't tune for superchargers was not entirely correct.

We do TONS of S/C tunes, just no vortech tunes, unfortunately. Vortechs need to be dyno-tuned to get a proper calibration.

If you check out this list: http://www.americanmuscle.com/notune.html
you can see what exactly we tune for and what we don't.
So, unless you have a Vortech/centrifugal blower on your 07GT, we could certainly tune for it!
He is right. OP it looks like you have a Vortech SC which means you NEED a custom dyno tune to get the max benefit out of your Vortech period end of story......
Old 09-14-2011, 07:45 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

I would say if you want the most out of your supercharger a dyno tune is generally what a guys wants with his supercharger.
Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 PM
chris09
2nd Gear Member

dyno or nothing.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:42 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

before we all suggest he get a dyno tune,
what does your dyno graph look like now?

if you haven't dyno'd it yet, you should do that first to see where you are at.
it may be pretty good how it is.
if it is on par with what others have with a dyno tune, i would leave it as is.
even if it is 5-10 hp off, i dont think a dyno tune is necessary.

but first, lets see what your dyno graph looks like.

Quick Reply: Those with super chargers what tune?