Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How about this car?

Old 09-13-2011, 06:53 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Since the car was hit in the front twice, look for frame damage and other integral structure points like the radiator support, shock towers and side aprons etc...
If the wrecks were only involving outside body panels, then it's no biggy.

Regardless, use the CARFAX report to negotiate a price drop bellow KBB.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:58 PM
boss hoss
2nd Gear Member

i would absolutely never knowingly buy a car that was in 2 accidents... no way!!!! unless it was for parts...
Old 09-13-2011, 06:59 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Don't know why you're looking at that vehicle when there's plenty of GT's (a few on our classifieds!) that are much lower prices and around the same mileage if not less.
It depends on what they offer me trade-in at this point..
besides, this is local. I won't have to drive 3 states away to pick it up..plus I LOVE the CS. And the color. If I can get them below 17 on the car, and above 13 on the trade I'll go for it. (depending on the accidents.)
Old 09-13-2011, 09:11 PM
DR13-GT/CS

The only way you should consider this vehicle is at a big discounted price imo. I work in sales at a dealer and believe me they will want to sell a car with 2 accidents on it. I bought mine with more mileage but a clean carfax for around 17k.

One thing about the carfax is that you can see the previous owner did drive the car for almost 2 years after the 2nd accident. That typically means it wasn't THAT major and was properly fixed.

From the pictures it looks clean, if you get a chance to look at it again in person you can figure out which panels where replaced. All you need to do if feel all the edges of the panels (ex - feel the edges of hood, fenders, bumpers. ) if they feel rough kinda like sand paper it means that panel was painted.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:16 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

They wouldn't let me have it for under 20k.
They wanted almost 30.
they would have let me out of there with 9,000 for my car, and 19,800 for the CS.
No thanks.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:20 PM
DR13-GT/CS

well sucks it didn't work out for you. I'm in Dallas so we have a larger market here. If you keep searching you should be able to find the right one at the right price.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:01 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

The thing to keep in mind is that there will ALWAYS be good, used GTs out there. No need to jump the gun and get into a bad deal.
I think the best way to buy a car is to get a loan through your own bank, and then negotiate with the dealer as a cash paying customer. Don't even mention the trade. Once you get the price you want on the GT, THEN tell them, we have a deal if I can get $____ for my V6. And go from there.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:03 PM
pinn
2nd Gear Member

Priced way too high for two accidents. Carmax has a clean 2007 GT/CS with 13k miles for 23k.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:11 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by pinn
Priced way too high for two accidents. Carmax has a clean 2007 GT/CS with 13k miles for 23k.
Exactly what I was thinking. With two accidents the value of that car should have plummeted (especially with it being an 07 and having over 30k on it).

The dealer either thinks they have some kind of limited edition super rare boss-esque mustang when they just have a top trim GT... (no offense, I love the CS look too), or they are trying to shaft an unknowing buyer...

Keep looking, I think that perfect CS is out there man. Just gotta keep searching.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:53 AM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AmericanICON
The thing to keep in mind is that there will ALWAYS be good, used GTs out there. No need to jump the gun and get into a bad deal.
I think the best way to buy a car is to get a loan through your own bank, and then negotiate with the dealer as a cash paying customer. Don't even mention the trade. Once you get the price you want on the GT, THEN tell them, we have a deal if I can get $____ for my V6. And go from there.
+1. Absolute best way to do it. Get the numbers and money worked out before you even say hello and go for a test drive. There are some good dealers out there that genuinely work with people and don't try to gouge everyone that walks in. But sadly more and more, you find the bad ones. Never mess with their financing crap, and never go in undecided on what to do. If the numbers out the door don't match up, just walk. The GT, even the GT/CS, are not rare cars by ANY stretch. It's hard to be patient, but you'll find what you want in the end. I had to look for a long time to find my car with the color, options, and price I wanted, but believe me as hard as it is to wait, it's worth it the day you drive home in your new car, knowing you paid exactly what you wanted and got the exact car you wanted to get!

Sorry this one didn't work out, but you'll track one down

(And I agree with some... 2 accidents is nothing at all to be afraid of as long as it can be determined how bad they were and how they were fixed. Ideally of course you want one that's never needed any work whatsoever! But it might have just needed a bumper cover or something. If you can't come up with how bad the accident was, or if it was really harsh, indeed walk away. If it's unknown or if it was massive, even if fixed properly, that stuff can cause untold amounts of chaos down the road.)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How about this car?