Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How about this car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 02:20 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

Default How about this car?

Going out to my local Ford dealer today, to take a look at this car (again).
I took it for a test drive, (well, the dealer drove it since i can't do stick yet).

I didn't do any negotiating, but it was on sale that particular day for 21,900.

It just popped up on their website a day or two ago, and it let me check out the carfax.

I'm not sure what the retail, or value of the '07 GT/CS is, KBB wouldn't tell me.
So help me out with that?

Also noticed that the vehicle has been in 2 accidents, both involving front end damage...what does that do to the value, when it comes to a dealer..

Should I be able to negotiate the price down based off the 2 accidents?

Here's the car, and the carfax..
http://www.baxterford.net/used/Ford/...3975b3bff9.htm

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...37798&zipCode=

(Carfax won't give me more info on the accidents.)

Thanks guys!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:48 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

why would you buy a car you know has been in 2 accidents?
avoid it brother.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:51 PM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

It's listed at $220 under blue book, with two accidents? I'd keep looking, it shouldn't be hard to find the same car that hasn't been wrecked twice. You could get a new 2012 V6 with the same power for the same price, just wouldn't have the sound and the leather seats...you'd also have 33,000 fewer miles.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:58 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

I would never touch a car with 2 accidents. Not paying that much money for one.
Old 09-13-2011, 02:58 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

I've had two front end accidents and she's running like a champ at over 50k miles. Depends on how severe the accidents were. I'd say keep test driving it for a week and make sure it's not falling apart on you if you're really serious about it.

kput, didn't you just get your car about 3 months ago? I imagine that you're going to be losing quite a bit of money after a trade in this soon...
Old 09-13-2011, 03:02 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
I've had two front end accidents and she's running like a champ at over 50k miles. Depends on how severe the accidents were. I'd say keep test driving it for a week and make sure it's not falling apart on you if you're really serious about it.

kput, didn't you just get your car about 3 months ago? I imagine that you're going to be losing quite a bit of money after a trade in this soon...

That's what I was thinking..
I'm hoping the dealer would significantly drop the price due to the accidents.
That would make sense right?

Yeah I've had mine 3 months now,
I would be losing money, most likely..but I'm trying my hardest to get back what I paid. (Even talking to the dealer I bought it from about buying the car back).
I won't sell if I can't get over 12k for it.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

That's a beautiful car...I really love that...but I would never buy a used mustang that's been in 2 accidents...especially when I can't get more info on the accidents.

I'd also never purchase a used mustang that's been modded by the previous owner. I see some people on these forums talk about mods gone terribly wrong....new exhaust with mystery gremlins that rattle and rattle, gears that whine, and much worse, and they're response once selling it is, "Oh well, not my problem anymore. Someone else can deal with it."

Those two factors are enough to make me always buy new when it comes to Mustangs. Plus, some people ride these cars HARD. There's no telling what sort of stage has already been set for future damage.

If you're serious about it, find out all you can about those two accidents, and find out if the previous owner did any modifications to it.

Just my 0.02 cents.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:23 PM
BrutusBeefcake

Originally Posted by kput
Going out to my local Ford dealer today, to take a look at this car (again).
I took it for a test drive, (well, the dealer drove it since i can't do stick yet).

I didn't do any negotiating, but it was on sale that particular day for 21,900.

It just popped up on their website a day or two ago, and it let me check out the carfax.

I'm not sure what the retail, or value of the '07 GT/CS is, KBB wouldn't tell me.
So help me out with that?

Also noticed that the vehicle has been in 2 accidents, both involving front end damage...what does that do to the value, when it comes to a dealer..

Should I be able to negotiate the price down based off the 2 accidents?

Here's the car, and the carfax..
http://www.baxterford.net/used/Ford/...3975b3bff9.htm

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...37798&zipCode=

(Carfax won't give me more info on the accidents.)

Thanks guys!
It seems like it is in pretty great shape. I would try to talk them down at least anther couple of grand. Just put as much down on the car as possible in cash. Cash is still king even when it comes to buying a used car. They will want you to finance like no bodies business and just stick to as much cash as possible and finance the difference if they cut the price down by 2 grand. There is always room to haggle and you have to understand that they will not let you out the door if you are serious.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:51 PM
modman42
2nd Gear Member

I bought my Clean 2008 GT/CS for under 20K. It had less mileage than that one. Oh, and I agree with everyone else don't buy anything that has been in an accident you cant verify the extent of.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:22 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Don't know why you're looking at that vehicle when there's plenty of GT's (a few on our classifieds!) that are much lower prices and around the same mileage if not less.

Quick Reply: How about this car?