Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

killed a deer (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 09:41 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

yes ill go take a pic of the deer in the morning, good idea. and yeah upgrades! repairs will prolly be set around 2000 dollars maybe 1500. deductable is around 500 so i have some money to play with.

im thinking gt front bumper, billet retro grille (no fogs), gt/cs grille surround, 3inch cowl hood

Last edited by markkk; 09-16-2011 at 11:05 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 09:50 PM
JimmyM
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by markkk
yes it does, as long as you say the deer ran out in front of you (which it did). itd be different if you said you hit a deer.

oh and a jimmy can i get some help on where to find a gt/cs grille surround?
Looks like it's time for a new hood, new grille and new bumper!! You probably don't feel as bad as if you were to be hit by a dumb driver, but look at all the positives! All 3 of them

I got mine from www.newfordparts.com. Even with shipping included it cost less than what they charge at my dealership
Old 09-16-2011, 10:22 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
Looks like it's time for a new hood, new grille and new bumper!! You probably don't feel as bad as if you were to be hit by a dumb driver, but look at all the positives! All 3 of them

I got mine from www.newfordparts.com. Even with shipping included it cost less than what they charge at my dealership
Thanks for the help! and hell yeah! I don't know if this is morally correct but in the back of my mind when i first hit the deer I was like FINALLY! time for upgrades!
Old 09-16-2011, 10:55 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

Wow sorry to hear the man! I still have my stock gt bumper I can sell to you for cheap. Not sure how much shipping will be, but all it needs is to be painted white. Not sure if a grabber blue bumper would look to good lol
Old 09-16-2011, 11:03 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Wow sorry to hear the man! I still have my stock gt bumper I can sell to you for cheap. Not sure how much shipping will be, but all it needs is to be painted white. Not sure if a grabber blue bumper would look to good lol
haha thanks for the offer man, you never know it might look good. well as much hassle as this whole thing is going to be im going to try and keep things at a minimum, just easier for me, if you know what i mean.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:21 PM
vbstang13
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to see your car got all messed up. You're lucky that deer went off to the side, I have seen them flip up on the hood and into the windshield. And if they have a big rack you better duck.

Depending where you are in NC that deer wont be there tomorrow to take pictures. Some redneck is probably guttin that thing right now!!! I know that would be true where I am from.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:27 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

No problem man lol. It's been sitting in my garage since the Roush install just taking up space. Good luck with fixing everything though
Old 09-16-2011, 11:28 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

One jumped out in front of me last night on the way home from work, I smashed the breaks and it actually ran, I literally almost crapped myself.
Old 09-17-2011, 01:22 AM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
My buddy has the same insurance he has hit 3 or 5 deer in the last year, has a picture of everyone and the insurance hasn't said anything.
Does this gentleman enjoy venison by any chance?LOL

Sorry to hear about your car markkk. Glad you're okay man. I know hitting a deer can be a bit nerve racking to say the least. Was in the car with my dad a few years ago when he hit a buck (10 pointer). The damn thing came up the hood of the car nearly through the windshield. Probably would have killed us if it's antler hadn't gotten caught in the hood.

Last edited by X3xMONGOOSEx3X; 09-17-2011 at 01:24 AM.
Old 09-17-2011, 07:11 AM
Warpig12354
3rd Gear Member

I thought you had pics of the deer lol

Quick Reply: killed a deer (pics)