Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

People these days!

Old 09-20-2011, 06:59 PM
mustang country
2nd Gear Member

I go even further and contact child services. It seems that woman is not fit to be a parent. Any parent that tells her kid to go ahead and bang a slam a shopping car into a vehicle can be charged with willful destruction of property and those can be grounds for her to lose custody of her kid. A few years ago I accidentally scratched a snall white SUV with my car while trying to park. I told the security guard in the lobby in case the driver of the car wishes to know what happened. When I came back to my car, the car was gone. People these days have no respect for property and some of them aren't fit to be parents.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:07 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 5.0Racer
You really cant do anything about small dings and scratches. My friend walks to her car and a bunch of black dudes were all leaning on it posing like it was theirs laughing giggling and while they were leaning on it they put nice scratches on it. Something on their pants. She calls the police they show up and they did NOTHING. They were still around in the parking lot. They told her what do you want me to do arrest them. He said something about being out in public you assume certain risks. Apparently even though its your property others have the right to **** with it just as long as they are not breaking into. They can touch your car all they want. If people want to gather around your car and use it as a park bench you cant do anything about it. You can give them an earfull but you cant press charges or act violently against them. The officer told her to call her insurance company if it bothered her that much. Some people just dont care because they are bitter and know they can never have what you have. People suck these days. I think car enthusiasts are the only people that care. Everyone else just thinks its a way to get from point A to point B.

I came across someone who was fumbling for his keys and decided to put his drink on MY car when he could have easily just put it on his. I said wtf *******. He just had a smirk and said relax i didnt hurt it. If i engaged in a fight with him im sure a cop would have said i was to blame. Even though he caused the situation.
Depending on my mood, and the situation's atmosphere- I would have knocked his drink right off my car and onto his shirt. Of course, it would be a total "accident" since everyone knows how clumsy I can be LOL.

The smirk is what gets me. Who (with innocent intentions) would ever find such a situation humorous? He is clearly offending you in that kind of situation, and finding it to his enjoyment!- some people just need to suck in their gut, and grow the F up.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:37 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

No doubt in my mind I would have taken his drink and spilled it all over his car and told him to F#@* Himself! I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have done a thing about it. Unless he's some UFC fighter, lol
Old 09-21-2011, 07:45 AM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Good grief people these days lack respect.

What a rude, inconsiderate, and stupid thing to do on their part.

As far as parking... I try to park a bit out of the way of other cars, but NOT wayyyy off.
Parking way off also leaves easy access to those looking to vandalize cars to do so with the feeling no one will notice what they are doing.

I always try to park next to NICE cars that I can see are in good shape if I must part next to others. You can often tell how careful people are with other people's property by the way the treat their own.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:56 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
How is it a bad argument? You repeated the same thing I did, "there are more important problems in life" right? So why do people get so emotional about some guy who parked out in the boonies, and took an extra 2ft of road? I've just seen so many people who ding car doors for that, it makes me sick. That person does nothing to warrant such behavior from a stranger.
Including the 'will a child in Africa die because of it?' line does absolutely nothing to strengthen your argument....I'm not even sure if that is a serious question, but because said child will not die of it must make it a good thing?

Me not jumping the bandwagon does not make me 'so emotional', nor do I understand why abusive morons feel they have the right to target cars parked ****ty...maybe its because a child in Africa would not die because of it? When I see a car parked taking more than one spot in an open near-empty lot, I laugh and go on about my business. When I see the same parking job in a near-packed lot, I go about my business but I can't help but think someone else would get angry about that.

I like Blacksmoke's suggestion of parking next to nice cars.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:51 AM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

Even if you don't care about your car at least get an estimate and get the money if you don't plan to fix it.