Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang got hit :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 04:38 PM
BeachBlv
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I am glad I am getting a new bumper at least, I got that quote from one of the best shops here in Vegas. How bad is your car?
Old 09-21-2011, 04:41 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

I'm not too concerned about my bumper, it's just two tiny spots of paint missing. It's the rear quarter panel that kills me.

Old 09-21-2011, 05:13 PM
BeachBlv
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I was super glad that she didn't hit my car on that area next to the light yours got hit, my car would have been alot worse because she was going so fast. It kills me how people can be so un attentive behind the wheel... sorry about your car too, this sucks!!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:43 PM
Hotwheelracer
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BeachBlv
Yeah I was super glad that she didn't hit my car on that area next to the light yours got hit, my car would have been alot worse because she was going so fast. It kills me how people can be so un attentive behind the wheel... sorry about your car too, this sucks!!
19, not attentive? No!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is not possible. Could texting be the culprit? I drive aroound this damn town and laugh at people not looking at the road but texting. I shouldn't laugh cause they will end up hitting me some day or worse hurting someone by not paying attention. Sorry about your car, that sucks!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:58 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

I think if it were me, I would not allow them to use Bondo and anything! Tell them to fix it right and replace the part.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:50 AM
BeachBlv
2nd Gear Member

This place I know for a fact will fix it right. The shop is so nice and clean you can eat off the floor, and all the cars I have seen them do look great. They are not just gonna slap bondo on it and paint it, they are gonna pull the dent out, and put a real thin layer on it. I trust these guys. But I did get something good today to take my thoughts off the body work, a pair of pretty much brand new GT mufflers for $50!! How do you tell if mufflers are off a GT or a GT500? The guy I bought them from said they might be off a GT500. I put the right one on and the exhaust is deeper and louder. The car feels a little quicker. I polished up the tips with metal polish and they look like chrome almost..

Last edited by BeachBlv; 09-22-2011 at 12:53 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:52 AM
BeachBlv
2nd Gear Member

Hotwheelracer you car looks sexy with those wheels on it.. We have to meet up sometime I want to hear your exhaust and see you new rims!
Old 09-22-2011, 07:52 AM
CincyGT2009
2nd Gear Member

07 Stang. Please realize when recommending that they "replace the part" what that means. The entire skin down into the door sill and up to the midpoint of the quarter window and back to the rear glass and back down to the seam near the trunk seal (as per the Ford shop manual) must be CUT from the car!! This shop will remove as much of the dent as possible, then of course use a skim coat of filler before re-painting as much of that panel as necessary to blend the repair. From where I sit (having been through a quarter panel replacement due to my car being hit while parked) what this shop proposed is a MUCH preferred approach.

PS I am not complaining about the shop having repaired mine in the more extensive manner. They had no choice as the metal was literally torn apart...

Last edited by CincyGT2009; 09-22-2011 at 07:54 AM.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Hotwheelracer
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BeachBlv
Hotwheelracer you car looks sexy with those wheels on it.. We have to meet up sometime I want to hear your exhaust and see you new rims!
Great deal on the mufflers, they look new. What side of town are you on? I am in Green Valley. When is the next coffee and cars? I have to make it to one of those. Funny about the car feeling quicker, I thought the same thing when I put my flowmaster AT on(probally in my head due to the rumble), then even more when I went to the X and GT takeoffs(I assume this freed up a little air flow). Now I know it is completely in my head, but I swear the new wheels make me faster!(just like new shoes when I was a kid)
Old 09-26-2011, 09:36 AM
RVAStang05

I feel your pain. I was t-boned by an idiot running an intersection. My damage was extensive (I'm lucky to have walked away from this one- Mustangs are great safe cars) and the insurance company had to total my white V6, that I had only owned for 2 months. I had a custom dual exhaust, CAI, gorgeous chrome Bullitt wheels, etc on that car- it about KILLED me to go through that.

So have you had the work done yet? Your shop quote sounds about right- actually on the low side. Insist on it being done perfectly... and please post pics when you're all done.

Congrats on the new exhaust- that'll make a big difference- you'll love it. I just put Pype Bombs on my new (05, so new used) car.