Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curb Alert---cure for the common curb

Old 12-20-2013, 08:36 PM
kput
4th Gear Member

I wired one of these myself by picking up a cheap rear backup sensor off eBay. Cost like 20 bucks. Just put one of the sensor out front.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:32 PM
gothamems
3rd Gear Member

You don't have these problems when you back into a parking space...
Old 12-28-2013, 10:05 AM
scparts
Former Sponsor

We've got more in stock....
Old 12-28-2013, 09:42 PM
vixr
2nd Gear Member

man...at my local grocery store there are 10 inch tall concrete edges all the way around the entire parking lot. My splitter is maybe 4 inches off the ground. All I can do is park all the way out at the furthest spot and pull in sideways, then walk an 1/8 mile to the store...

What's funny is every time I do it, there will be another nice hot rod sitting right next to mine, doing the same thing...

Last edited by vixr; 12-28-2013 at 09:45 PM.
Old 01-31-2014, 06:42 AM
scparts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by vixr
man...at my local grocery store there are 10 inch tall concrete edges all the way around the entire parking lot. My splitter is maybe 4 inches off the ground. All I can do is park all the way out at the furthest spot and pull in sideways, then walk an 1/8 mile to the store...

What's funny is every time I do it, there will be another nice hot rod sitting right next to mine, doing the same thing...
I hear you! This will save you from that curb rash!
Old 04-09-2014, 06:26 PM
scparts
Former Sponsor

Sale prices continue.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:35 AM
scparts
Former Sponsor

Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however, Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates ) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Install is pretty simple. You wire it direct to your battery (it is fused). Hardest part is getting the three wires through the firewall....

Installation Instructions Below

Curb Alert Installation Instructions

Curb Alert Calibration Instructions

We have the Curb Alert in stock and with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim :cheers:
Old 04-21-2014, 09:57 AM
Troponin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 157dB
Yea, I guess thats why the new cars "park themselves' for
the inept crowd. Personally I like to drive the car, not have
the car drive me. ABS, TCS, TPMS can all go away...

You have to turn the unit on for it to work?
That will be a major hurdle for the forgetful
and spatial recognition challenged driver.
I agree with you on the TCS and torque management type stuff. It takes away from a performance car in a huge way.

However, there are a couple things I think are good. Not all things are bad, and some things "can't hurt" Remember the days of the "main drive tire"? These days we have electronic limited slip that doesn't effect turning like a posi-rear can. I think this device is a great idea. Everything you mentioned above hinders the performance of a car and allows the driver to manage it all. Not sure how you can compare a device that helps you detect a curb to these other devices. It doesn't hurt your performance. Let's face it, we all make mistakes once in a while, and if you say you don't, then you're either lying to yourself, or you should be sitting at the right hand of God.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:02 AM
jsimmonstx
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Troponin
Let's face it, we all make mistakes once in a while
Is that what you say when someone asks why you have a picture of a GMC truck instead of a F150 in your sig?

Old 04-21-2014, 10:12 AM
Troponin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jsimmonstx
Is that what you say when someone asks why you have a picture of a GMC truck instead of a F150 in your sig?

To be fair, it would have to be an F250 Diesel to compare. :P

When it comes to cars, I go for the most performance per dollar. At the time I bought the GMC, it was out running all the other trucks in its class. Not sure if that has changed. Same reason I bought the Mustang. Cannot beat the performance for the money in its class.

Brand faithfulness to me is whoever can impress me the most for that year. lol

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Curb Alert---cure for the common curb