Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just picked up a 2012 Base Model GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 06:16 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

Nice!! Black is a nice colour but hard to keep!! Just ask me.....
Old 09-29-2011, 10:58 AM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Congrats on the purchase! And you have had a nice lineup of Mustangs there!
Old 09-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Tell me about it... even though the dealer delivered it nice and clean, they didn't do the best job... so I cleaned it up on Saturday and had it looking like Fresh Paint... Which it is technically, but i mean Wet off the gun.

It rained like hell for the last two days and now it looks like hell
Old 09-29-2011, 11:03 AM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

Gary, how do you manage to turn over so many cars?? Wealth or good connections??

Erik
Old 10-01-2011, 12:19 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by eolson
Gary, how do you manage to turn over so many cars?? Wealth or good connections??

Erik

I do make good money, but mostly it is because by the time they reach 30,000 miles, they really have been driven like they have a 150k on the odometer.

I take very good care of my cars, maintenance as required, good fuel, tires rotated, I mean I am a maintenance schedule junkie... I just drive hard.

When the cars are traded or sold they all have their original factory tires because I don't go smoke crazy like some folks... only when someone is in the mood to get on it or if i take it to the track.

my 2010 Mustang had 20090 miles on it when I traded it, but I used to really take that thing to HP peak every chance I got, so imagine a daily driver that is taken right to the max probably 90% of the time I am driving it.

I have been going a bit easy on the new 2012 but today the odometer hit 300 and some dude in an 03 or 04 Mach One saw me go past him while we was coming onto the expressway today, and he literally got on it to catch up to me, as I seen him get within bumper distance I stomped on it and waved bye bye, when we got to the end of the expressway at the stoplight he then looked at the badging then looked at me and yelled over and said had I know it was a 5.0 I wouldn't have wasted my time.

I said it was ok, you broke its first get on it Cherry, so I think I made his day, but DAMN this thing BOOGIES!

Also, I will admit in addition to hard driving, I get bored with cars fairly quickly. When I put money into them I only do mechanical enhancements (performance), I leave the outer shell as factory as possible because those who flash their cars up get pissed when they have their *** handed to them by a sleeper. I love having the sleeper... it makes owning a Mustang or any sports car that much more exciting... and it is fun when you take down the imports... Nothing I hate more than RICERS (excuse my use of the term) who think they have what it takes to kill a 5.0. Most do I won't argue that, but some flash their cars up with body kits and a bunch of flashing xmas tree lights and they hope it intimidates you... I laugh at all of them.. especially when I smoke them, then I say instead of wasting thousands on that body kit and rims you should of put it under the hood.

BTW, The Black Mariah, which is what I named her, goes in for exhaust work, heads to bumper. and Fuel Pump and Injector switch out.

Brakes the week after and if I can get the deal I am hoping I can an S/C by end of October.

-O)
Old 10-26-2011, 09:26 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Just slapped a Cat back exhaust kit on it, with Custom XPipe and Flowmaster Thunder series mufflers. 13% Tint on every window (just brow, on windscreen), and to round it off, 4K HID kit.

Intake and my 19" Rims are next.

Was going to go from headers back, but the header kit was the wrong one, will modify next month
Old 10-26-2011, 12:25 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

OP I'm the same way, save a lot of money and don't buy things I really don't need. But I do get bored with cars so I trade them a lot and get new ones. I'm only 28 and on my 9th car. I think my neighbors are jealous too because they always see me in a new car every year or less.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by luckydawg003
OP I'm the same way, save a lot of money and don't buy things I really don't need. But I do get bored with cars so I trade them a lot and get new ones. I'm only 28 and on my 9th car. I think my neighbors are jealous too because they always see me in a new car every year or less.
I am 40 myself, and I have been buying New Mustangs since my 1st 5.0 in 1988. I have lived in my current home for 5 years and have brought home 5 new cars, and my neighbors just look at me funny, they probably think i am a drug dealer.

I look at things like this... When I die i can't take it with me, and if for some dumb reason where ever I end up when dead, they have some kind of banking system based on the money you had in your living form, then I will be A-Ok. However, I enjoy my toys, and if I wanna buy a new Mustang every 18-24 months, then dammit, I will buy one.

I did say however, this would most likely be my last Mustang... unless the 2014/2015 redesign is something completely off the charts... But, until then the 2012 is it, not too mention I am dumping money into it to notch up the look and the power, while not all at one time, it will be done.

I will however take my XMAS/Annual Perform bonus and use it to buy a Dodge Challenger, this way i have one of each of the American Muscle cars in the driveway.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:23 PM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

ditto...I am 28 and I will be going on my 7th car. Hopefully this car sticks around for awhile tho
Old 10-26-2011, 02:33 PM
ScarFace88

Congrats on the purchase!
I'm 22 and on my third, I guess I have some catching up to do. I still have the first one too. It's a 1988 Acura Integra my dad bought new in December of 1987. If I didn't have so many memories in that car, it would be gone, since I'm not a Japanese car person and I'm 6'2 with ridiculously short legs. If Japanese cars were any tighter inside I would need KY to get in.

Last edited by ScarFace88; 10-26-2011 at 02:36 PM.

Quick Reply: Just picked up a 2012 Base Model GT