Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with new 5.0's

Old 09-24-2011, 03:42 PM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I get what you are saying. I have about 10k in mods which I will definitely take a loss on. I am just worried about the turnkey reliability of my car, which is definitely not the same as a 5.0 with just an intake and tune. I would definitely keep my current wheels and just put them on the 5.0, plus I would take the 2.55 pulley, gt500 fuel system, and just load the stock roush tune in this way I get to keep my tuner too. I owe $24k and the KBB was $26,600 on a trade in (bone stock) and about $28.5 on a private sell (bone stock). If I sold the car completely as is with the wheels and everything what could I get on a private sell? If its $28 bone stock, would I be able to swing $30? But than again who is gonna pay that for a 2010 when the 2012's are out. Like buckeye just said I am sitting here with the same power 5.0s are making with an intake and a good tune, and I had to change fuel pumps and everything which in return does affect reliability.

I think I am just going to drive the car through the winter and than maybe see when the spring time comes. It would be a slim chance of it happening now anyway. Atleast lets say 6 months from now I will owe even less than what the car is worth which is a bigger down payment, and I can save some money over the winter to put an even bigger down payment and maybe the payments will even drop into the $400's instead of my $515 now.

Last edited by grabber blue gt; 09-24-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:41 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

This makes no sense at all. Why r u thinking about throwing ur money away. Ur car will be reliable with the fuel system. If I were in your shoes I would look in the mirror and punch myself for buying all those mods and then think about trading.

I did laugh at the onegoal comment
Old 09-24-2011, 07:26 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

I guess what you could do is remove all the mods and reuse them on a Coyote like you said. And just ebay all the stuff you cannot use.

I dont blame the way you feel other, especially with something as minor as your pinion seal was, it sucks to have your car in and out of shop for such a small thing. It does grate on the nerves.

If you do up to a '12 GT, I say you should sell your car privately and get as close to KBB as possible. Then go to the dealership and deal as much as possible on a 300A (base GT, not a premium sub-trim), get the $1500 incentive, and say"I have $25000cash right now." You should be able to meet halfway of that and MSRP and walk out paying $28000 TTL, so you would not have to finance a dime.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:41 PM
modru2004
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
I guess what you could do is remove all the mods and reuse them on a Coyote like you said. And just ebay all the stuff you cannot use.

I dont blame the way you feel other, especially with something as minor as your pinion seal was, it sucks to have your car in and out of shop for such a small thing. It does grate on the nerves.

If you do up to a '12 GT, I say you should sell your car privately and get as close to KBB as possible. Then go to the dealership and deal as much as possible on a 300A (base GT, not a premium sub-trim), get the $1500 incentive, and say"I have $25000cash right now." You should be able to meet halfway of that and MSRP and walk out paying $28000 TTL, so you would not have to finance a dime.
he still owes money on the car jim. hes gonna have to finance no matter what he does.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:00 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
I get what you are saying. I have about 10k in mods which I will definitely take a loss on. I am just worried about the turnkey reliability of my car, which is definitely not the same as a 5.0 with just an intake and tune. I would definitely keep my current wheels and just put them on the 5.0, plus I would take the 2.55 pulley, gt500 fuel system, and just load the stock roush tune in this way I get to keep my tuner too. I owe $24k and the KBB was $26,600 on a trade in (bone stock) and about $28.5 on a private sell (bone stock). If I sold the car completely as is with the wheels and everything what could I get on a private sell? If its $28 bone stock, would I be able to swing $30? But than again who is gonna pay that for a 2010 when the 2012's are out. Like buckeye just said I am sitting here with the same power 5.0s are making with an intake and a good tune, and I had to change fuel pumps and everything which in return does affect reliability.

I think I am just going to drive the car through the winter and than maybe see when the spring time comes. It would be a slim chance of it happening now anyway. Atleast lets say 6 months from now I will owe even less than what the car is worth which is a bigger down payment, and I can save some money over the winter to put an even bigger down payment and maybe the payments will even drop into the $400's instead of my $515 now.
You are only paying 10 dollars less on your car right now than I am on mine, just thought I'd throw that out there. How much are you wanting to put up front on this car?
Old 09-24-2011, 08:15 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

So he could buy the 12 and have minor issues does that mean he should trade that off too. I guess that's y we have gap insurance so we can make irresponsible decisions
Old 09-24-2011, 08:22 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

I highly doubt that's it, I had the same car as him basically and when I seen that I was financially sound enough (no kids either) to maybe take a stab at a new car I started to ponder the same thing. I also didn't have to have a Boss 302 I was completely open to buying a GT, the Boss was only going to be an option if I got it at sticker and it worked out, but I really love the 5.0 in these cars. When these cars first came out I didn't give them a second look, then I went and drove one.......then I was done.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:49 PM
LindsayEOD
1st Gear Member

I purchased my 2011 for $34k and it listed for $39k. I had a 2010 GT as a trade and they gave me $25k and I had 5000 miles on it. Both are pretty well loaded. I live in Illinois but had to travel to Wisconsin to get the best deal. I also had to take my mods off, tune and CAI, to get the most. Just my experience though. BTW, the new 5.0 is worth it.
Old 09-24-2011, 08:51 PM
LindsayEOD
1st Gear Member

2008GT/CSBuckeye: I live in Ofallon as well. If you ever want to go find some good roads, let me know. I have no friends with sports cars.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:03 PM
modru2004
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by LindsayEOD
I purchased my 2011 for $34k and it listed for $39k. I had a 2010 GT as a trade and they gave me $25k and I had 5000 miles on it. Both are pretty well loaded. I live in Illinois but had to travel to Wisconsin to get the best deal. I also had to take my mods off, tune and CAI, to get the most. Just my experience though. BTW, the new 5.0 is worth it.

id like to point out both buckeye and your comparisons are not apples to apples.

the 2010 is identical in every way to to the 2011+ gt's minus the powertrain. he has extensive mods including a supercharger. the 5.0 is NOT an upgrade for him.

the ONLY reason for him to get a 5.0 is simply to have a 5.0 and that spiffy badge on the side and in doing so he throws away thousands and thousands of dollars of money that he JUST spent. this does not make any sense.

also for buckeye, you had similar mods to grabber, but you still didn't have the same car as him. he already has all the other upgrades....the interior etc. the only thing he doesn't have is a 5.0 under the hood. not to mention that you probably had your car and those mods for much longer than grabber. its not like you spent 10k+ on mods 6 months before you traded in/sold your car.

Last edited by modru2004; 09-24-2011 at 09:08 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Those with new 5.0's