Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Those with new 5.0's

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 09:53 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Depending on where you live and what the rebates are like there, you should be able to get $4000-5000 off sticker if you haggle long enough, but I wouldn't expect to get a penny more than $26k on trade in, mods or no mods (factory won't warranty the mods which makes it hard to sell). My personal opinion, you have a very nice car, keep it a few more years and wait for the all new one in 2014.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:47 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

You have a really nice car - keep it for a while. Take the MASSIVE AMOUNT of $$ you would lose to get the 5.0 and buy another toy, or just save it. Try being me - I have a 2010 v6. :-) But I still really like the car and plan to keep it for a few years.

Last edited by kzonts; 09-24-2011 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:08 AM
kput
4th Gear Member

Just give me your car,
and take my v6.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:21 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

I understand what you guys are saying about me losing money on a trade in, but I would take most of the stuff off, minus the gt500 spoiler and diffuser and supercharger. I still have my stock bumper, fuel system, pulley, as well as the stock rims. Also I am not saying doing this as of now, unless I got a KILLER deal on one. The point of this thread was to see what those with 5.0s were paying, NEVER said I would definitely do it but there is a chance I would in the future (spring time). Dealers near me hurt to sell sports cars in january and the colder months, so maybe if I take a trip down there than I may be suprised. I also plan on having my 1993 fox body finished in the spring, so when I sell that thats another $12k + to put down.

I think I need to start enjoying my car lol. Dont bash on me for this, but I honestly havent enjoyed the car since I installed the s/c. My email tunes sucked and werent trustworthy, than I got my dyno tune and the next day my rear was in pieces. When I get the car back from Ford on monday I am going to let the rear break in, than have some fun and enjoy the car.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:25 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

also buckeye if you dont mind me asking, what did you put down on the boss? My payments are $515 with the gap insurance. The grand total came out to $36k with taxes and we only put $5k down which is why the payment are so high.

Maybe I should just get a more practical daily driver instead of taking a hit on my car. Possibly lease a plain bone stock honda civic or something like that to drive around with everyday. Than once my stang is payed off more and the time is right, make a hit on something like a boss or even a lightly used shelby.

Also look at the member ShaneM with the orange boss 302. He had the same exact car as me (grabber blue 2010 with roush m90 and vmp500 kit) and traded it in within months after adding the vmp kit. So I'm not the only one with these thoughts in mind lol.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:29 AM
kput
4th Gear Member

How bout asking your parents how they feel?
My grandparents put about 4k down on my car, (It's completely paid off.)
when they found I was trying to trade-in for a GT, they pretty much flipped..
Old 09-25-2011, 12:36 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

These were my fathers exact words. "and how am I supposed to believe that you wouldnt mod the hell out of a 5.0 the same way" lol. Both my parents said it would be up to me but they think its stupid after all the money I spent on my car, but I also didnt explain on what mods I would take off and reuse/sell. I came home yesterday and told them the dealer said they would take mine in on a trade for a 2012 cali. special and they payments would be exactly the same just to see what they would say.

Didnt think this thread would blow up, but it was only to get an idea. And Kput didnt I read somewhere that you only had your car for 6 months lol? I am almost a year and 6 months, so I'm sure if I said at only 6 months that I wanted a new car I probably woulda slept outside lol
Old 09-25-2011, 12:43 AM
kput
4th Gear Member

3 months actually. =p.

But regardless, yours is still being paid for.
Do you want to live your entire life paying monthly for a car, then simply upgrading before your even close to paying it off?

I personally love not having to make car payments.

Also keep in mind the 2013 and 14 stangs are coming out soon.
13 = new body (the rearend at least) and a tad bit more horsepower..
and the 14, well who knows.
Save up your money, and pre-order a 2014.
Old 09-25-2011, 12:52 AM
grabber blue gt
4th Gear Member

That another thing holding me back lol. What happens if I fall in love with the new body style. I would absolutely not do it all over again. What I am planning to do is just save my money for now, finish my fox body and sell it to pay off this car and see where I stand. I too heard that in 2014 they are getting more power and they gt500 are supposed to have 600hp.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:02 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
also buckeye if you dont mind me asking, what did you put down on the boss? My payments are $515 with the gap insurance. The grand total came out to $36k with taxes and we only put $5k down which is why the payment are so high.

Maybe I should just get a more practical daily driver instead of taking a hit on my car. Possibly lease a plain bone stock honda civic or something like that to drive around with everyday. Than once my stang is payed off more and the time is right, make a hit on something like a boss or even a lightly used shelby.

Also look at the member ShaneM with the orange boss 302. He had the same exact car as me (grabber blue 2010 with roush m90 and vmp500 kit) and traded it in within months after adding the vmp kit. So I'm not the only one with these thoughts in mind lol.

The daily driver sounds like a good plan... however, if you are anywhere near Hagerstown, MD, they have a 2011 Shelby GT 500 with 1172 on the Odometer for $45k.

Quick Reply: Those with new 5.0's