Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bike rack on a mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 08:05 AM
jcieutat
2nd Gear Member

To the gay lover moron who posted earlier, some of us use our Mustangs for daily driving. We also choose to cycle for fitness. My road bike is worth close to 3K so I won't just throw it in the trunk and let it hang out. I ride in road races where the event is not out my back door so I have to drive to them. Most of these road race proceeds are donated to organizations that help save lives.

Get over yourself and go post somewhere that you can be constructive.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:38 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Just a thought. When I go mountain bike riding, I put the back seats down and lay a large blanket in the trunk to keep the dirt to a minimum. I take off the front wheel and pop the bike and wheel in the trunk separately. It's kind of a pain, but I would rather do this than scratch my paint with a bike rack. Be carefully taking the bike out of the trunk and try not to scratch the bumper.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:49 AM
scott4.6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jcieutat
To the gay lover moron who posted earlier, some of us use our Mustangs for daily driving. We also choose to cycle for fitness. My road bike is worth close to 3K so I won't just throw it in the trunk and let it hang out. I ride in road races where the event is not out my back door so I have to drive to them. Most of these road race proceeds are donated to organizations that help save lives.

Get over yourself and go post somewhere that you can be constructive.
i go to the gym and work out, that dont mean im going to strap a damn weight bench on my mustang. get a damn pinto or yugo and let some one who cares about their car have you mustang. idiot
Old 09-27-2011, 09:40 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

You also don't have to bring your own bench to an iron man competition. And because someone wants to transport a bike on their mustang means they don't care about it? I'm having trouble following that "logic"
Old 09-27-2011, 10:02 AM
scott4.6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
You also don't have to bring your own bench to an iron man competition. And because someone wants to transport a bike on their mustang means they don't care about it? I'm having trouble following that "logic"
im just saying, a bike rack should not be put on a mustang, corvette, camaro and so on. it just degrades them to me. they are sports cars not a truck. i just dont know why someone would want to put some so UGLY on a mustang or any other sports car for that matter.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:02 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by scott4.6
i go to the gym and work out, that dont mean im going to strap a damn weight bench on my mustang. get a damn pinto or yugo and let some one who cares about their car have you mustang. idiot
Can someone drop the ban hammer on this guy already? I mean honestly.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:31 AM
scott4.6
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Can someone drop the ban hammer on this guy already? I mean honestly.
so i guess if you seen a new zr1 supercharged corvette with a bike rack on it you wouldnt think thet guy was a dumb ***. they need to drop the ban hammer on your *** for abusing a mustang.

Last edited by scott4.6; 09-27-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:26 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

so i guess if you seen a new zr1 supercharged corvette with a bike rack on it you wouldnt think thet guy was a dumb ***. they need to drop the ban hammer on your *** for abusing a mustang.loser
Really bro?
Old 09-27-2011, 06:18 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

If you don't care much about the Mustang for looks or the possible damage then a bike rack will work, personally I have never seen one
Old 09-27-2011, 07:23 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

so i guess if you seen a new zr1 supercharged corvette with a bike rack on it you wouldnt think thet guy was a dumb ***. they need to drop the ban hammer on your *** for abusing a mustang.
1. If I seen? Not very intelligent are we?
2. I'm pretty sure I have said I'm against the bike rack.
3. The only abuse I put on my Mustang is when I'm going WOT passed little teenagers like you.
4. You're not really helping your cause by calling a long standing member a loser (which by the way made me laugh pretty hard).

Finally, I dub you the new ONEGOAL! Enjoy that stigma my little douchebag friend.

Last edited by bakerjd; 09-27-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Quick Reply: Bike rack on a mustang?