Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you plan to pass your mustang along?

Old 09-28-2011, 04:30 PM
mattstang2007
3rd Gear Member

Stags that's a damn good idea!Your father is a smart man.Roy R that is just awesome!!!
Old 09-28-2011, 05:09 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

It worked out for him too... He was out 25K for the car but I got a 70K scholarship... so hes 45k in the black...
Old 09-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by kevinmalec
Sorry to hear about your son. I bet he enjoys riding with you and hearing the V8 exhaust and feeling the rumble. =-)
I'm not sure if my daughter will be ready for a stick shift either, but that's all my wife and I drive. My wife learned how to drive a stick shift on a tractor and then a 4 speed car. lol
My car is a sixxer and I can change custom tune back to stock, to help reduce the HP. Maybe I can have a governer installed so she can't go pass 60 MPH!! LOL
Thanks. Yes, he loves the Mustang, whenever we are going somewhere he asks if we are taking the Mustang. He liked the Corvette before too. I know there's a car guy in him.
Old 09-28-2011, 08:18 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

I plan on willing mine to my child (whenever I go down that road) with stipulations written in the contract. lol...I'm sure my child will understand how much this car means to me and how they should keep and take care of it. Good topic BTW
Old 09-28-2011, 09:42 PM
baddog671
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
Well I can tell everyone from EXPERIENCE that if you are never around power at a younger age you will never know what its like and what it can do. I was always in the car with my father (vettes, mustangs) and yeah he would always have "fun" while I was in the car. They were a little skeptical about buying me a GT as my first car, but I was smart enough to realize what its like to have all that power under your foot and what it can do to you if your stupid.

Moral of the story -- Show your kids what its really like. Also show them what it can do to you if your stupid. I'm 18 with about 500hp in my gt and drive smarter than most kids in my area with 190hp Altimas. But then again most of these kids have no common sense
Totally agree! Show a kid how to shoot and they'll respect shooting. Shelter them and they just shoot each other
Old 09-28-2011, 11:06 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

I plan for my grandsons to be driving it someday. But I also plan to drive the crap out of it as long as I live.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:14 PM
OhEightGT
2nd Gear Member

Definitely will pass it to my daughter if she wants it, when she's mature enough/old enough. She loves going for rides in it now, even though she's just a baby! Too much car if you ask me though, for the average 16 year old. I remember being 16, it's just too much car for most that age. All depends on maturity and like grabber blue said, if they were interested to learn or were taught the dangers that go along with the power. I'd never forgive myself if she got it sideways into a tree or car or something and got hurt, or hurt somebody and she had to live with it.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:58 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

I plan on driving it into the ground. Then rebuilding it. Then driving it into the ground. Then rebuilding it. Then driving it into the ground. Then rebuilding it. Then driving it into the ground. Then rebuilding it. Then driving it into the ground. Then rebuilding it.

In short, I plan on being buried with it.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:14 AM
mattstang2007
3rd Gear Member

I plan on giving mine to my son so I can get my dream car. an 03/04 cobra or a 07 + Shelby gt500. But man do I love this one I have right now.
Old 09-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

Originally Posted by Thor
The only problem is that I dislike children so I don't know who I'm going to pass it on to lol.
Ha +1.

If I ever do have children I seriously doubt I would ever give them the Mustang. I wouldn't want them to have the mentality of "Oh its just my mom's old car." Because if they wrecked it being careless (And they were okay.) I would be forced to beat them. And what am I suppose to drive if I give it to them??

Plus, hopefully it won't be young driver friendly for much longer.

And Mongoose, I completely agree with you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Do you plan to pass your mustang along?