Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soccer mom pulled out in front of me...Might be totalled

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 02:36 PM
BlackGT45th
2nd Gear Member

Sorry it happened man, people need to think before they act and clearly this lady is a prime example. As mentioned before the most important thing is you're alive and even though you lost your baby for now all will be well in no time. Get healed up soon.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:42 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by stags
Im sorry to see that bro, but im glad youre ok.

I had a similar accident this summer. It didnt hit my fender but the entire front end had to be replaced along with the hood and AC condenser. My airbags didnt deploy. But the bottom line is I was looking at 7k for all that, and mine is a v6 and wasnt totaled.

Good news for you is that if she got the ticket shell be liable for insurance as well. And after they hear you had to go to the hospital they are going to want to settle with you right quick.

I know it sucks cuz shes your baby (I cried when mine happened) but from what I can see but being no expert, it doesnt look to me like any critical engine or suspension components were damaged. Itll cost a buttload to fix but thats on her insurance. And if they say its totalled, then its 5.ohhhh time

time to think about how youre gonna fix it. If I was you id go with the GTCS bumper, a new lnr grille and a 67 hood. I may be an overly optomistic *** but lets wait to hear what the shop says before we start throwing around the t word
No, the ticket thing is not 100%.

I was cited at fault in an accident by the officer that responded to the accident a few years ago. Outcome, Mutual Negligence (both drivers were negligent in their driving). Both of us shared equal blame. My insurance covered their car and theirs mine.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:58 PM
07gtdude
2nd Gear Member

FL is a no fault state so it is what it is. USAA told me they are paying for mine to get fixed and then they will go after Geico (her insurance provider) to recoup their money. Got me a Chrysler 300 rental. Should hear something by Monday as far as if its totalled or fixable.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:04 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

that sucks at life...i would sue her @$$ bone dry...hopefully it can be fixed, if not i'd sell her house, kids, and crap van and buy a Shelby...some people just shouldn't be allowed to have a license
Old 10-13-2011, 03:14 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

@shad2009 It's a car...shiz happens and it can be fixed/replaced. Being an angry person about everything or vengeful just makes your life sad/angry and everyone around you miserable.

The important thing, he's fine (or better). Like you've never made a really dumb **** mistake before?
Old 10-13-2011, 06:24 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shad2009
that sucks at life...i would sue her @$$ bone dry...hopefully it can be fixed, if not i'd sell her house, kids, and crap van and buy a Shelby...some people just shouldn't be allowed to have a license
She probably lives well beyond here means, as most soccer moms do, and has very little down on her overly large house. You won't make much if anything on that, especially in this housing market. Those kids are only worth 3-6K each, and although the money isn't taxable, it's not much. The van, especially being wrecked, will probably only fetch a few K anyways. You can take it to a chop shop, have it repaired with no insurance report using crap parts that will break in a few years, and squeeze some more out of it, but again, that isn't much. Even if you sell her credit card/social security info to some dude, you will onyl get another 2 or 3 grand out of it. You would be looking at 10 to 20 thousand dollars in total, which doesn't even get you close to the shelby. Sorry to burst your bubble man.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Mr.Bape
4th Gear Member

SUE. SUE. SUE. If your back is sore now, believe me, it will never be the same again. I was involved in an accident somewhat similar to yours and my back was sore just like yours. A year later and I still have constant neck and back pains and a herniated disks. Therapy and medical bills are gonna be a bitch bro so I really suggest you hire a lawyer to get compesated.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:40 PM
shad2009
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Derf00
@shad2009 It's a car...shiz happens and it can be fixed/replaced. Being an angry person about everything or vengeful just makes your life sad/angry and everyone around you miserable.

The important thing, he's fine (or better). Like you've never made a really dumb **** mistake before?
i was joking...guess i should have put that in the post
Old 10-14-2011, 04:54 PM
2cokeman
5th Gear Member

It is a shame, will you just fix and keep it? Looks like it shouldn't be a write off?
Old 10-14-2011, 05:02 PM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ironh19
another female driver causing an accident, and yet us guys insurance rates are higher. Should have shoved a piece of debris into her throat and make it look like the accident killed her.
You are correct, I drive sometimes 1000 miles or more per week for work, and I'm not trying to be an a$$hole towards women drivers, but in my own real world personal observations they are hands down worse than male drivers.

Quick Reply: Soccer mom pulled out in front of me...Might be totalled