Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soccer mom pulled out in front of me...Might be totalled

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 04:07 PM
07gtdude
2nd Gear Member

Unhappy Soccer mom pulled out in front of me...Might be totalled

Well driving down a 4 lane highway with a median and this soccer mom and her 2 kids in a Honda van tried to make it across all 5 lanes. She didn't see me. The guy in the right lane that was directly beside me barely missed her. I barely had time to hit my brakes, was going about 35 mph. Got taken to the ER cause my back and right leg were/are sore as heck. I am gonna be sore for a few days at least.

She got a ticket at least. She didn't even ask if I was okay, which I think pisses me off more than anything.

Old 10-12-2011, 04:12 PM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

sorry to hear...that sucks. Glad your ok.....minus the soreness.

Keep us updated on the status....on a side note...surprised that you dont have a CAI/TUne......seems like everyone has one..
Old 10-12-2011, 04:12 PM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Wow... that sucks big time, hope you don't have any lasting injuries. I'm surprised she got a ticket.... usually stories like this don't deal any justice.

If it is totaled... time to get yourself in the market for a 11/12 GT.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:14 PM
bmartin8732
1st Gear Member

it'll buff out. Glad your (somewhat) ok! Time for a 5.0!! Best of luck!
Old 10-12-2011, 04:22 PM
07mark
2nd Gear Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5cneCgNA9U

Last edited by 07mark; 10-12-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:34 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

Im sorry to see that bro, but im glad youre ok.

I had a similar accident this summer. It didnt hit my fender but the entire front end had to be replaced along with the hood and AC condenser. My airbags didnt deploy. But the bottom line is I was looking at 7k for all that, and mine is a v6 and wasnt totaled.

Good news for you is that if she got the ticket shell be liable for insurance as well. And after they hear you had to go to the hospital they are going to want to settle with you right quick.

I know it sucks cuz shes your baby (I cried when mine happened) but from what I can see but being no expert, it doesnt look to me like any critical engine or suspension components were damaged. Itll cost a buttload to fix but thats on her insurance. And if they say its totalled, then its 5.ohhhh time

time to think about how youre gonna fix it. If I was you id go with the GTCS bumper, a new lnr grille and a 67 hood. I may be an overly optomistic *** but lets wait to hear what the shop says before we start throwing around the t word
Old 10-12-2011, 04:39 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

She is definitely a reckless driver. It pisses me off to read what happened to you. I hope her insurance pays for everything, and not just the current value of your car, but also for the value of your mods you have too. And if her insurance does not pay up, I would sue her for the rest of the money to get enough to buy another brand new 'Stang.

That B**** paying only for the current value of your car does not return you to the way you were. because now you are hurt and also short a car (not enough money to buy another just like yours).
Old 10-12-2011, 05:07 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JIM5.0
She is definitely a reckless driver. It pisses me off to read what happened to you. I hope her insurance pays for everything, and not just the current value of your car, but also for the value of your mods you have too. And if her insurance does not pay up, I would sue her for the rest of the money to get enough to buy another brand new 'Stang.

That B**** paying only for the current value of your car does not return you to the way you were. because now you are hurt and also short a car (not enough money to buy another just like yours).
The worst part is the stupid Bit** reproduced!! All my best to you 07!!
Old 10-12-2011, 05:34 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

WTF is going on lately. I swear this forum must have at least 15 stangs wrecked in the past 2 months.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:24 PM
ironh19
3rd Gear Member

another female driver causing an accident, and yet us guys insurance rates are higher. Should have shoved a piece of debris into her throat and make it look like the accident killed her.

Quick Reply: Soccer mom pulled out in front of me...Might be totalled