Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Them darn kids!

Old 10-15-2011, 09:52 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
The parents need a good **** kicking too IMO... Who raises such bratty kids? As a child growing up if I did something like that, and my parents found out? Oh man, can you say face slaps.

And to begin with, the biggest lesson my mom and dad tried to teach me was respecting that which wasn't mine.

I'm not even a generation apart from these kids... How times have changed.
Same here man..

Those kids need their asses whooped!
Old 10-15-2011, 09:53 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Those kids would have gotten beaten like red-headed step children! I would've done a 180 and went WOT at them, lol(wouldn't have hit them but they would've pissed themselves)

It's not the kids fault that they have ****ty parents that don't care about them or anyone else but they still shouldn't be little bastards and do something like that!
Old 10-15-2011, 10:11 PM
Lem-06
4th Gear Member

Oh believe me I was just short of doing that.
If I actually heard a ping on the car I would have.
I was on my way to pickup my old phone I had the screen replaced on and told him what happened. He said he woulda flipped the lights on his truck (emergency worker/phone repair guy) and made them **** down each leg
Old 10-15-2011, 11:15 PM
Avery0001
1st Gear Member

Yeah someone I knew was driving down the road and some kid threw a rock at his windshield and shattered the whole thing. He ended up getting glass into his eye and had to go to the hospital.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:29 PM
blsticms1

a kid did that to my truck . i stopped and made him take me to his house and went off on his dad . told him if the kid did it again ill be back for his a?? . they paid to have it fixed . the kid would run when i came up the street
Old 10-16-2011, 10:53 AM
cssjamesr

Originally Posted by Lem-06
So on my way out of the neighborhood some of the kids were walking down the middle of the street (all under 11), they are always playing in the street.
I slow to nearly a stop as they move to the side and I coast by. As I pass them I look over and watch as one of them brings his arm back and throws a rock at my car.
I don't think he hit it because I didn't hear any ping or any other out of the ordinary noises.
But what kind of kids throw a rock at a new, strike that. Any car
I stopped at the house they were walking away from and asked the owner who's kids they were. He said their neighbor and he would talk to him about what they did.

Next time I drive by and see them all outside I'm stopping to make sure this sh** stops now
i would kill those kids...but glad nothing happened to your car
Old 10-16-2011, 11:09 AM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Similar thing happened years ago to my old roommate's car. We were driving in Silver Spring, MD and some snot-nosed Middle-Schooler threw a PENNY at his 2006 Civic SI. (Not a Honda guy but it was a pretty sweet ride.) Joel locked the brakes up and we BOTH jumped out and chased the kids down. The kid that tossed the penny got away, but we each were able to knab one of his friends. COP rolled by and stopped to see why a 28-ish yrold (ME) and 40-ish yrold (JOEL) were chasing some 11-13 yrolds. Told him what was up and the kids ratted out the penny-thrower. Cop went and picked the kid up, called his parents, and the BOTH came to the scene....from work. Kid's parents payed to have the dent and paint repaired and I'm sure he got the thrashing of his life.

2hrs of my life spent...and well worth it.

(Now if I can just find out who the numb-nuts is that has stolen the license plates off of my truck and poured (what looks like acid or brake fluid) on my NEW car....I'd be happy to get some justice.)
Old 10-16-2011, 11:24 AM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Wow, those kids are brats. It's just like these teenagers we have today that key a car when walking by just because it's nice.

Is it illegal to pelt a kid in the head with a nice sized rock as long as there are no witnesses? I wouldn't think twice, I'm a firm believer in Darwin's theory.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:40 AM
mph07alloy
3rd Gear Member

Call the cops. You'd be surprised what the threat of going to jail can do to the attitude of an 11 year old (unless his parents are worthless pieces of $hit too and the kids are used to the cops because they are always there arresting mommy and daddy). It happened to me one day except it was a golf ball, and I really don't think it was intentional, but I was still mad as hell There happened to be a police car behind me when it happened. I stopped, the cop saw it and stopped. The poor kid just had a look of shear terror on his face. But I bet it taught him a lesson.
Old 10-17-2011, 03:57 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I got lucky. Young kids in my neighborhood love my car. They part ways like the red sea when they see me coming and I always hear at least one yell "I love your car!" or comment to his friends "That car is awesome!" as I pass by.

They recognize my wife too so no issues.

I have on ocassion seen the parents outside with the kids and they are pretty on-the-ball with making sure the kids move out of the way (of any car) and telling them to stop whatever they are doing as the car passes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Them darn kids!