Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Plasti Dip Kits!! Yes!

Old 10-25-2011, 02:56 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

You're painting your car with something I can walk up to and wipe off with my hand...

Ricer mod.

Now I understand when people do emblems and small stuff. Plasti-dip stripes and such are rice.

And yes, fast cars can be riced out.

Last edited by Ricardo; 10-25-2011 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:00 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ricardo
You're painting your car with something I can walk up to and wipe off with my hand...

Ricer.
So you wouldn't define rattle canning your car as ricer then?
Old 10-25-2011, 03:03 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by goodfun_gt
Plasti dipped wheels on my 2011 V6, this is the best pic I have

Can of duplicolor wheel coating from AutoZone for 5 bucks more than plasti dip looks like this:
duplicolor wheel coating looks 5x better. Dam goodfun your GT is stunning!
Old 10-25-2011, 03:10 PM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
So you wouldn't define rattle canning your car as ricer then?
That's borderline redneck. I'm on the fence with rattle can jobs on wheels. Some people get it right, some trash the job. But an entire car, unless the paint is trashed beyond reason there's no point of a rattlecan job.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:09 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ricardo
That's borderline redneck. I'm on the fence with rattle can jobs on wheels. Some people get it right, some trash the job. But an entire car, unless the paint is trashed beyond reason there's no point of a rattlecan job.
Oh by no means do I believe that rattle canning or plasti-dipping a car would be smart lol. The point is that I don't see your significant difference in thought from plasti dipping emblems and things, as compared to rattle canning them and such.

Main point I'm trying to make here is that I think ricer should be reserved for those who take on these jobs and do a sh!tty job, not the people who really take their time, think it out, and end up with a pretty nice looking and cheap solution. Maybe I'm a redneck but I don't think labeling all cheap fixes as "redneck" or "ricer" is necessary
Old 10-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Franchise-SZ
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by pdonket
Oh by no means do I believe that rattle canning or plasti-dipping a car would be smart lol. The point is that I don't see your significant difference in thought from plasti dipping emblems and things, as compared to rattle canning them and such.

Main point I'm trying to make here is that I think ricer should be reserved for those who take on these jobs and do a sh!tty job, not the people who really take their time, think it out, and end up with a pretty nice looking and cheap solution. Maybe I'm a redneck but I don't think labeling all cheap fixes as "redneck" or "ricer" is necessary
Well said, I did some emblems/stock rims on my brothers Charger SRT-8 and I recieved nothing but compliments.I did spend all day with it. I will never do stripes, but it looks really good when done cautiously.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:47 PM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

just picked some up in the local hardware store, ill be painting my rims on sunday!
Old 10-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kput
Or, "cheap alternative to something more expensive and time-consuming, often prone to being done incorrectly"
Using a cheaper, faster alternative has never been a sin especially in the muscle car world - as long as its done right. My relatives that were part of the late 60's and 70's muscle car heydays don't much recall going to a garage and having much done, or so they say

Ed Roth would be proud of us doing this properly and in a tasteful manner, because, didn't he use alternatives all the time? In fact - wasn't he the master of alternatives, making body panels out of fiberglass because metal was too expensive and time consuming to work with?

Pdonket is right on the money saying rice is thrown around too often. Now, a ricer Mustang... I'm sure there was a thread somewhere around here all about riced Mustangs...
Old 10-28-2011, 07:44 AM
TAMPAGT07
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by timmbo
Right next to the fuzzy dice and chain link license plate frames at your local Autozone.
Ok, so maybe Plasti dip isn't for you....But if you reallly want a low priced high performance mod, the Fuzzy dice are for you...(My first mod by the way, in black of course.) I figure between my fuzzy dice and my size 12 shoe, I pumpin' out an extra 25 ponies..