Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats missing here ?? 2011 v6

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 07:36 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

wow sunshine, you added info to a post.

whats the point of the hole then? and the tune really shouldnt have alot to do with it.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:26 PM
SilverStallion05
2nd Gear Member

As for the choking, that usually has to do with the intake. Maybe you used too much oil on it, or not enough. Either way, the tune is extremely sensitive to whatever the intake it is "tuned" for. If something causes faulty readings to your MAF from what your tuner says it should be, your car will sound like a few spark plugs are missing on start up then instantly die when your foot stops feeding gas to the engine. This is due to the fact that your MAF it is not receiving the near exact data it is looking for.

At least this is what I was told when I had a similar issue.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Solitear
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ironh19
theres a tune involved? I hate tuners, everytime I see a problem with these cars on here its tuner related.
^-because most peeps want cheap and fast can only pick two out these choices

Cheap-fast-reliable
-----------------------------------------------------

If an intake is your only mod, put the stock intake on load the oem tune and if ur using diablo sport; clear codes. If an sct that can't do codes then disconnect battery and place it back on to power cycle it.

If it pops up again after this; then it may not be your tune at all.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:55 AM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

There is really nothing much related to anything mechanically wrong with your car that can reduce you mph. A good bet would be the tuning of your car. Get it back to factory setting and drive it for a while to see any mph improvement.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:49 AM
ironh19
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by legendlime05
wow sunshine, you added info to a post.

whats the point of the hole then? and the tune really shouldnt have alot to do with it.
hey I was helping this guy from the beginning, where were you! I've never worked on a 2011 so I was completely in the dark!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:15 AM
kput
4th Gear Member

If you're running too lean email your tuner and let them know. Too lean is a tuning issue. I had the same issue with mine (I got it dyno'd and was running like 14.6 on my AFR).
BAMA had me do some datalogging, and 3-4 days later had me my 3 fixed tunes.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:09 PM
xenocide
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by flash gordon
There is really nothing much related to anything mechanically wrong with your car that can reduce you mph. A good bet would be the tuning of your car. Get it back to factory setting and drive it for a while to see any mph improvement.
mpg* I called bama and AM and i discovered a tiny hole in my JLT cf intake. I've got a replacement coming in the mail, this time a completly plastic one. It seems the carbon ones have an issue with cracks/cf peeling away from the outter coating.
Originally Posted by kput
If you're running too lean email your tuner and let them know. Too lean is a tuning issue. I had the same issue with mine (I got it dyno'd and was running like 14.6 on my AFR).
BAMA had me do some datalogging, and 3-4 days later had me my 3 fixed tunes.
It was running a little rough on stock tune and gave the lean codes stock.

I've put the stock airbox back on the car, but I dont know if its just that big of a difference between stock and custom intake but my throttle response feels very bad. I'm starting to suspect that somthing has happend from the accident that I was in on the 1st of october. The car seems to vibrate when I accellerate. Not a heathy one either. Should I have the dealership take a look at it or another mechanic peek at it first?
Old 10-25-2011, 03:50 PM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Vibration when you accelerate is very unusual. Usually if the car vibrates when you brake at 50+ mph, it's rotor issue. Your car is 2011 under warranty. Let the dealer check it out first about the vibration.