Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, it happened. Freakin car got keyed!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 08:29 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Default Well, it happened. Freakin car got keyed!

Yep. I went to crappy Applebee's (dno't know why and never going there again) to find out a huge scratch on my car...obviously keyed. Bastards. It just makes me so angry. Now, onto how to fix it. I know fixing it myself will only cause more damage somehow. How much do you think it would cost to paint it back? Also, what remedies could I fix it with temporarily? Since the car is black, someone suggested a black fine-tipped sharpie for now to fill in, but will that cause further damage?

Anyway, here are the pics.

Old 11-07-2011, 08:37 AM
TheYeti
2nd Gear Member

I saw your post on the other forum. That sucks dude. This further reinforces my dislike for the majority of people. There is no reason to do this to someone's car.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:38 AM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

OMG! I cant imagine how pissed I would be!! I am thinking the bottom line is to take it to a good body shop get it done right...for certain call your insurance...it is vandalism...
Old 11-07-2011, 08:52 AM
BigBadWolF

always thought to **** with some ones car is the lowest of bitch moves ever
Old 11-07-2011, 08:53 AM
flash gordon
2nd Gear Member

Too many sickos in this country! The only way to fix it is to take it to the shop and have it done right. From the looks of it, it should not cost that much to paint it.

It needs to be sanded it down, clear coat it, and top coat it the whole area, not just the scratch area.
Old 11-07-2011, 08:55 AM
D'prived
4th Gear Member

I hate to see that... sucks big time! I'd love to catch someone in the act of doing something like that to my car. If I were you I'd check with your insurance and because it's vandalism you may not have to pay a deductable.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:03 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Yeah I know. I'm with Geico and already called them...yeah I'd have to pay a stupid deductible. So looks like the cost is all out of pocket.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:06 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

That sucks. I wish I could find someone doing that to my car so my size 11 boots can meet their *** and face. Good luck with the repair.

Matthew
Old 11-07-2011, 09:07 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

I know how you feel about this man.. Had two vehicles of my own keyed.. One was already wrecked a week before that and hadn't gotten fixed yet.. Just added insult to injury.

Good luck on the fix. Make sure that if someone tries to cut you a deal on the fix that they aren't going to do a substandard job.. guy fixed my truck that got keyed along the whole passenger side and it hasn't looked the same sense.. bad materials and prep because he was trying to "give me a deal"..
Old 11-07-2011, 09:16 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

Why the f'ck would someone go out of their way to do that....POS m'fkers! Hope the person who did it suffer from extreme hemorrhoids!!!

Quick Reply: Well, it happened. Freakin car got keyed!