Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 2013 Mustang is officially here!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 06:25 PM
eolson
3rd Gear Member

So the last question for the 2013 GT500 is still" How much does it weigh?????????"

Anyone?? Still 3840?? Less, More?? Erik
Old 11-17-2011, 06:28 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
We're watching you... Your 'Stang was ahead of its time!
~Natasha
LOL...that's board signature material right there

Originally Posted by 05xrunner
no..the contour along the bottom of the light is the exact same as the 10-12..I will bet one of my jars of wax they are a perfect fit.
You think these are actually the same contour? The '10-'12 turns up at the inner ends, the '13 clearly does not, it slopes down from the outboard edge and just sort of levels out near the inner ends...

What brand of wax is it?, I'm sort of picky...

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 11-17-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:46 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

That picture is one of the best to represent the differences in the new rear. You're right, the bumper will most likely have to be replaced to fit in the 13 tailights to the 11-12 bodystyle.

And I didn't realize how odd the black plastic looks on the 11-12 rear end. I mean, it doesn't bother me, but I still wonder why ford went that route.

My 12 GT is black, so the plastic at the bottom doesn't bother me at all. The new tailights are teh sex tho.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

That "big-***" rear spoiler on the Shelby almost makes the rear end acceptable....as far as the lights are concerned, a little "ricer" if you ask me! Probably ripped it from here....

http://www.americanmuscle.com/smoked...ghts-0509.html
Old 11-17-2011, 07:45 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Roy_R
That "big-***" rear spoiler on the Shelby almost makes the rear end acceptable....as far as the lights are concerned, a little "ricer" if you ask me! Probably ripped it from here....

http://www.americanmuscle.com/smoked...ghts-0509.html
Those lights don't even look close to the way the new ones do...those you just posted as a matter of fact were intended to copy the 2010-2012 MY taillights so I don't think Ford replicated that lol.

To each their own though
Old 11-18-2011, 01:22 AM
JayBeStangs94
3rd Gear Member

The updates are a lot more occasional now. There will be a lot of variety out there. Seems like the competition are gonna have a little trouble- The engineering and design teams are definately thinking!
Old 11-18-2011, 02:31 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

I kinda liked the new tail lights until I seen them up close.. the fugggg?!
Old 11-18-2011, 08:15 AM
jon1all

Hey Guys... new here... registered just to post in this thread. I have never owned a Ford product in my life, but have been enamored with the S197 Mustang since 2005. Have gone down to dealerships over the years and test drove/flirted with getting one, but never pulled the trigger. Closest I came was in late 2009 when the '10s were first coming out I really liked the new updates, except for the taillights... I just couldn't get over those... and they have kept me from truly loving these cars completely.

Well... the '13s are a slamdunk!! Nicely done Ford! You took lemons (ie, those taillights on the '10-12s) and made lemonade!!!!! Combined with the new front end (also fantastic) the '13s are finally hitting on all cylinders! (pardon the pun) So now the Mustang finally has it all... great exterior, great interior (the best in the market frankly), great performance (5.0L is amazing... friend has an '11 GT... WOW!!)

With this likely being the last iteration of the "retro Mustang" to be offered by Ford for a long time (ie, the new design coming out as the 2014.5/15 is supposed to be "forward looking" and "modern" correct?) I may have to seriously consider stepping up (I am retro kind of guy, what can I say! ).

Again, this is from a guy who has never owned a single Ford product in his life! But I can honestly say... that may not hold true much longer. I will seriously consider selling my C4 Corvette in the next couple years and move into a '13 or '14 Mustang GT (if I can talk the wife into it!)

Way to go Ford... you hit it out of the park!!! The last of the retro Mustangs is surely the best! Way to go out swinging!!!!!!!!
Old 11-18-2011, 10:59 AM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 65Raven65
I like it. I wouldn't say its any better or worse, just different.

I imagine most of those that didn't like the '10-'12s still wont like it, and those that did like them will probably like the 2013 too. Not radically different, IMO.

EDITED: The rear I mean.
I was one of those folks, and I like the new design better. The front is a huge improvement, and the back is easier to look at.

However in a couple more years the interior will look dated, and I'm afraid they'll fall behind again in that department. At least the interior of the 05-09 had some character.

Last edited by sycd; 11-18-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jon1all
Hey Guys... new here... registered just to post in this thread. I have never owned a Ford product in my life, but have been enamored with the S197 Mustang since 2005. Have gone down to dealerships over the years and test drove/flirted with getting one, but never pulled the trigger. Closest I came was in late 2009 when the '10s were first coming out I really liked the new updates, except for the taillights... I just couldn't get over those... and they have kept me from truly loving these cars completely.

Well... the '13s are a slamdunk!! Nicely done Ford! You took lemons (ie, those taillights on the '10-12s) and made lemonade!!!!! Combined with the new front end (also fantastic) the '13s are finally hitting on all cylinders! (pardon the pun) So now the Mustang finally has it all... great exterior, great interior (the best in the market frankly), great performance (5.0L is amazing... friend has an '11 GT... WOW!!)

With this likely being the last iteration of the "retro Mustang" to be offered by Ford for a long time (ie, the new design coming out as the 2014.5/15 is supposed to be "forward looking" and "modern" correct?) I may have to seriously consider stepping up (I am retro kind of guy, what can I say! ).

Again, this is from a guy who has never owned a single Ford product in his life! But I can honestly say... that may not hold true much longer. I will seriously consider selling my C4 Corvette in the next couple years and move into a '13 or '14 Mustang GT (if I can talk the wife into it!)

Way to go Ford... you hit it out of the park!!! The last of the retro Mustangs is surely the best! Way to go out swinging!!!!!!!!
I have to think that's exactly the reaction Ford was hoping for, bringing excited new potential buyers into the showroom. While I may be on the opposite end of the S197 buyer timeline (Couldn't wait 8 years for my personal dose of Retro) I have to agree, the S197 will be going out on a high note

Quick Reply: The 2013 Mustang is officially here!