Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Curb Alert---cure for the common curb

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 09:15 AM
scparts
Former Sponsor

Default Curb Alert---cure for the common curb

Introducing the "Cure for the Common Curb". Front end damage when parking is a very real problem for many cars on the road today, especially for vehicles who have installed ground effects or aerodynamic profile improvements on their vehicles. Curbs are something that are one of those road hazards that do more damage to sports cars than any other hazard on the road.

In fact, just a simple trip to the corner store can become a costly errand if you over-estimate your front end clearance when parking: damage repairs could easily run $1000 or more; however, Curb Alert provides you a warning system that gives you three-deep warning tones as you approach too close to a curb.

The Curb Alert is very easy to install and does not put a drain on your battery when the car is not on. Using a patented infrared technology, the front mounted sensor is calibrated to a warning distance of anywhere from 8-28" (you decide with whatever you feel comfortable with). The warning alarm is hidden in the car and will give you three gentle tones when you are within a specified distance to the curb. The system gives you a short beep every time you start your car to let you know the system is active.

The Curb Alert is one of a kind and is a gadget that will save you money in the long run, preventing front end damage to any car that is low enough to be vulnerable to a Curb. Do not take a chance, get the Curb Alert to prevent curb damage.

This is not one of those gimmicky products, we have installed it on a Corvette C6 Z06, Nissan GTR, and a Dodge Challenger. In all instances it works exactly as described (we wanted to test it ourselves before we opened the flood gates ) It is the real deal and will save you money in the long run. Heck it might it even give you enough confidence to let your significant other take the car for spin (my biggest worry letting someone else drive my car is there lack of familiarity with judging the curb distance when parking)

Install is pretty simple. You wire it direct to your battery (it is fused). Hardest part is getting the three wires through the firewall....

Installation Instructions Below

Curb Alert Installation Instructions

Curb Alert Calibration Instructions

We have the Curb Alert in stock and with free shipping.... at the link below...Also have a great video that shows how the system works and another video on how to calibrate it once installed.

Curb Alert

Thanks,

Jim :cheers:
Old 09-23-2011, 11:22 AM
07GrabU
2nd Gear Member

a modern day electronic curb feeler. Nice!
Old 09-23-2011, 11:29 AM
magnido45
2nd Gear Member

This is a great idea...especially when someone else drives your car and doesn't know the "feel" of the car's front end.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:33 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

$160 ain't bad. I reverse in to every parking spot for exactly this reason. I've scraped before on curbs and didn't want to take the chance with my new front end. Sounds like a solid investment for a DD.
Old 09-23-2011, 11:58 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Hmmm, I use my brain when pulling up to curbs...
Like the old days before Curb Alert.
Its called spatial recognition.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:02 AM
scparts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 157dB
Hmmm, I use my brain when pulling up to curbs...
Like the old days before Curb Alert.
Its called spatial recognition.
Ok, for everyone but the extra talented in "spatial recognition"
Old 09-24-2011, 09:12 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Yea, I guess thats why the new cars "park themselves' for
the inept crowd. Personally I like to drive the car, not have
the car drive me. ABS, TCS, TPMS can all go away...

You have to turn the unit on for it to work?
That will be a major hurdle for the forgetful
and spatial recognition challenged driver.
Old 09-24-2011, 09:50 AM
07BLACKGT
5th Gear Member

That's not bad. I'd get one if I had the extra cash. I've already had to do some epic surgery to my chin spoiler after I first got it.. I have now learned to look in the reflection of the car next to me when pulling into a spot.. half the time it's too dirty to see or has plastic body panels, so I'm left guessing.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:03 PM
WildAzCat
2nd Gear Member

Very smart idea. My front end is so low that I always try and back into a spot. This would be perfect for the time when backing in is not possible.
Old 09-24-2011, 01:09 PM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

Backing in is always possible

Quick Reply: Curb Alert---cure for the common curb