Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vert Owners Chime in

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011, 11:56 PM
SyberSaint

Default Vert Owners Chime in

Hello,

I was wondering if some of you vert owners would chime in. I am looking at ordering a 2013 Vert in the spring. Can you guys tell me what your thoughts are about verts? Do they leak, are there any inherent problems that might change my mind about them. I did a search but could not come up with anything about them. I live in San Antonio, so there is not alot of rain and wet weather. Also, are there any forum venders you recommend I use to order the Stang.

Thanks,
Syber
Old 12-04-2011, 06:58 AM
TAMPAGT07
2nd Gear Member

I love my 2007 Vert..To be honest, it is a hanger queen..I've still got less then 4400 miles on it..I don't think I would own a hardtop Stang..If I have a Stang, it has to be a Vert..
Old 12-04-2011, 07:32 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

My dad's 09 GT/CS vert is great. The only real problem is that on the driver's side, the top leaks if you hit it with water just right. You have to be going 70+ in heavy rain or be using a pressure washer right on that spot at the top of the window. Normal car washing and driving in the rain is fine. Infact, it's so not an issue for either of us that when we first noticed it a month after purchase (new), my dad decided it wasn't even enough of a problem to take it to the dealership to have them repair it under warranty. The only other complaint either of us have with it is that the rear glass has, in the last 2-3 months, come loose a little bit. It is still sealed fine, and it barely moved around, but it could become a problem in the future.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:36 AM
chopper_man
1st Gear Member

Love my verts. On my 2nd one now, had an 06 4.0 and now in an 07 GT. Never a problem with the top shy of some wind noise and minor water once, but you had top hit it just right, same as poster above, this was in the 06. I took it to the dealer for that as it was under warranty, they replaced a couple window gaskets and problem went away. My current has the upgraded fabric one. Love the look and so far the durability has been the same.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:05 AM
edcologne
2nd Gear Member

probably nobody can too much about the '13 mustang yet and in my case i must say i prefer the 05-09 over the newest body style as i really love the 67/68.

finally got around early this year and bought my 06gt convertible, for the first 2 month or so it was raining pretty good here, i never had a leak, i have the vinyl top, not sure what the current material is, back then the canvas top was optional on most, standard on few models.

overall i'm very happy, i was and am aware that it needs tlc on the little things and is overall a rattle box, no big deal for me and on my account by far the best bang for the buck.

then again, i bought it used as a ford cpo, i cannot see myself buying a new car whatsoever, unless i'm REALLY sure to keep it pretty much forever. off topic, i bought my 2003 100th anniversary ultra classic new, no plans to let it go.

if i wanted to spend that much $$ i'd go for a used c6 vette, but thats just me.

last, but definetely not least, post some pics of the falcon!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:36 AM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

There are more pros then cons when owning a vert. Nothing is better then cranking the music with the top down on a nice sunny day.

A couple tips. Don't try to power wash your side windows. It's hard to keep the water from getting in.

To clean my top I went to walmart, in the auto section they have a cleaner to clean RV awnings. That's what I use to clean my top.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:12 PM
JimC

I have had mine since April 2006 - I drive it a lot and have a 45 mile one way commute, and use the car every day. It now has 190,200 miles on it and haven't had any big problems at all. Top doesn't leak, no excessive wind noise with the top up.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:45 PM
SyberSaint

Wink

Originally Posted by edcologne
if i wanted to spend that much $$ i'd go for a used c6 vette, but thats just me.

last, but definetely not least, post some pics of the falcon
!
I have been researching Verts for a while now, and seriously considered a 09 C6 Vett vert. The problem is that my wife and I are teachers and we want to use the vert to travel with in the summers, and as my wife's daily driver. The Vette is not a great daily driver, and we will not be adle to travel in it during our summers off because there is no room in it. She test drive drove a 2010 GT with MT, and loved it. So, I think were going to get the 2013 Premium GT, MT, Nav, hard loaded... I love Mustangs anyway, I have owned two, a 2001 premium GT,MT, and a 2002 Saleen SC #02-261. I'll also be able to personalize my Stang It's my Stang, she just drives it during the week. Also, I'll be able to get a good deal on it since I am am Retired Air Force and belong to USAA.

I'll see if I can get some Pics of the Sprint posted later... She is my Garage queen I have had since 1990.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:13 PM
edcologne
2nd Gear Member

nice saleen, great backdrop

and thank you for everything else
Old 12-06-2011, 08:29 PM
LaserGT
2nd Gear Member

You've made the right choice about looking to get a vert. I've had mine since August and it's been a great car so far.

Since I live in Chicago I can tell you that I've already experienced driving in the heat as well as the cold. With the top up there isn't a problem with outside noise or water dribbling in at all when it rains. When you turn the heat on it warms up the inside in no time at all and stays that way. With the top down it's true that you can talk to the person next to you without shouting in their ear but as far as the back seat goes...well, there probably shouldn't be any adults back there anyway unless they're contortionists.

Altogether I don't see any real cons in owning a convertible, especially the upcoming GT. Believe me, you'll never regret getting it...and neither will your wife.

Quick Reply: Vert Owners Chime in