Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what do I need for 11sec 1/4 mile

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 02:19 AM
coleconner

I don't trust or use mechanics. All my work on my cars is done by my own hands. Essentially eliminates error for question and puts a detailed image of your car in your head so when a problem does occur, you alone have the knowledge to repair it. Some don't possess this luxury due to work, families and other obligations, but forgive me when prefer to stray from the mainstream. I love superchargers, all my friends have them. My best friend has a 2004 Kenne Belle Cobra @ 20+lbs of boost and it's SICK!!! I just know turbos and since I do my own work, I tend to stick to projects I can handle within my own means.

When I was talking about the Escalde my dad has the 2010 6.2L w/ cai, exhaust, awd, tune. We ran it at the track and It only pulled a 13.7 but for 6500lbs its not too bad in my eyes lol. The guy, Matt, that owned the VF4 had 600hp but it was @ high rpms only and his first 3 gears were awful for some reason (possibly his inability to shift had worn synchronizers). I got outran by my dad at a redlight on the way to dinner until 3rd gear driving the Mitsubishi, however, once it spooled up 3rd gear had traction problems around 80 mph.. lol

I'm going to turbo mine with a single GT45r, livernois forged stroker kit, livernoise stage 3 heads and blower cams, t-56 conversion, GT500 fuel pumps, and maybe some METH. All in time though. Shooting for a 700hp pump gas tune and maybe a bit more on racing fuel. It's a lot of work and the car is my daily driver for now. I'm waiting to finish my powerstroke until I start. I'm so anxious I'll probably be sleeping with the motor on a stand in my room while I put it together lol.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:38 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

The centri blower is much like a turbo , minus the thermal efficiency and great low end torque lol lol
Old 12-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

@coleconner

Similar here, I got lucky and grew up around cars and worked at an auto repair shop all through high school at my dad's shop. Once you realize how much money you can spend on labor (~$100/hour), doing it yourself aint so bad. But that's a crazy time for an escalade, I guess now they're making them more and more powerful from the factory. I'm not ready yet for a big four door family car, but that new Charger SRT8 with the new 470hp 6.4L and upgraded luxury-spec interior, makes me drool.

You should do a build thread when you turbo it! Single turbo is very unique
Old 12-14-2011, 12:09 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

Default Feel free to call us!

This is what we do here at Brenspeed. We build all kinds of cars, but our main focus is meeting your goals, producing great power and keeping the daily drivability in check. Please give Chandler or Miles a call we can point you in the right direction.

I personally ran our Saleen Stage 3 with a 3.4/3.2 pulley, 4.10's, TCI 2500 stall, Pypes LT Headers on my 2010 auto. It's my daily driver and ran the complete NMRA Super Stang class all last year...driving to every event. The car has over 40k miles so its pretty safe to say 460+rwhp and daily driving is obtainable. They key is keeping these 3 valve motors under 450 rwtq, HP isn't that big of a concern.

The car ran its best in Bowling Green, KY at the World Finals 11.15.

Give us a call with any questions!
Old 12-14-2011, 12:10 PM
BRENSPEED
Former Sponsor

SUPERCHARGER CITY at Brenspeed is built from Edelbrock, Paxton, ROUSH, Saleen, and Vortech. We have custom calibrations for each manufacture!

We are now 1 of 16 Master Distributor's for Roush Performance Parts and are ready to get you the best deal on your next power adder.

Check out this link for our Roush page that includes everything from the new 2011-2012 TVS Blower warranty kit, 3-Valve blowers, and F-150 series. If you already have a Roush, contact us for our custom calibrations for more power!!

ROUSH Performance

We are also excited about offering you the highly reliable, strong performaing Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger kit. The 5.0 Kit offers a couple diferent warranty options as well. We have tons of data on the 3 valve kits, and here is a link to our 2012 E-Force car. 2011/12 Edelbrock Competition CAI in stock!

http://www.brenspeed.com/2011edelbrock.html

We are slashing our install prices in half! Please call Chandler or Miles for details and a quote!

Happy Holidays~
Old 12-14-2011, 01:02 PM
coleconner

@ Jas5

Do you have any videos of your sweet *** car in action? The signiture picture makes me drool speaking of drool. I've also wanted to hear that Novi2200 on Idle so bad, but cant find any videos worth the time. I bet your car is a dream to drive and snaps necks in your town!
Old 12-14-2011, 11:08 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BRENSPEED

It's my daily driver.

The car ran 11.15.
Can't argue with these guys. I run deep 11's on an '06 GT with 12,000 street miles and stock internals. It's not a problem.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:41 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BRENSPEED
SUPERCHARGER CITY at Brenspeed is built from Edelbrock, Paxton, ROUSH, Saleen, and Vortech. We have custom calibrations for each manufacture!

We are now 1 of 16 Master Distributor's for Roush Performance Parts and are ready to get you the best deal on your next power adder.

Check out this link for our Roush page that includes everything from the new 2011-2012 TVS Blower warranty kit, 3-Valve blowers, and F-150 series. If you already have a Roush, contact us for our custom calibrations for more power!!

ROUSH Performance

We are also excited about offering you the highly reliable, strong performaing Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger kit. The 5.0 Kit offers a couple diferent warranty options as well. We have tons of data on the 3 valve kits, and here is a link to our 2012 E-Force car. 2011/12 Edelbrock Competition CAI in stock!

http://www.brenspeed.com/2011edelbrock.html

We are slashing our install prices in half! Please call Chandler or Miles for details and a quote!

Happy Holidays~

Yeah, thats what I'm talking about.............and yes I ordered a tune for my Roush blower and I'm excited.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:53 AM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by coleconner
@ Jas5

Do you have any videos of your sweet *** car in action? The signiture picture makes me drool speaking of drool. I've also wanted to hear that Novi2200 on Idle so bad, but cant find any videos worth the time. I bet your car is a dream to drive and snaps necks in your town!
Thanks, its at only 5-6 psi but its still really fun 1st thru 2nd gear, easy to spin the 285 rear tires. I mean no more than 50-60% throttle in first if you wanna go anywhere. I couldnt imagine what 10psi would feel like on this kit, which is around 450whp. The real limiting factor is the rear axle, any bump and its over. Also wheelhop is a big issue if you dont drive it just right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-qIz...FTEl3HTgRCEuZj

edit: i plan to make a walk around because the sound at idle is pretty nice

Last edited by Jas5; 12-16-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:33 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

lol honestly, 10 psi feels down right suicidal on public roads

Quick Reply: what do I need for 11sec 1/4 mile