MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   2005-2014 Mustangs (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs-43/)
-   -   BEST hid kit? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005-2014-mustangs/659142-best-hid-kit.html)

grabber blue gt 12-08-2011 10:54 PM

BEST hid kit?

Who sells the 100% BEST hid kit? I hear retrosolutions and HIDGUY? I dont care about price, I want to do it right the first time. I had the stangmods kit on my 2010 and while the headlights worked great, the foglight kit was a POS that they probably bought for $5 and just resold for more money.

I originally wanted to upgrade to the factory hid headlamps but my plans were shot down when I found out you need to change all the wiring, which I am NOT doing. So also if anyone has any aftermarket OEM looking projector headlamps that would be great. I dont like those halo and LED ones, I want something close to OEM.

KonaStangPete 12-09-2011 12:02 AM

if price no issue then i believe the general consensus is retro-solutions, you also might be interested in looking into a projector retrofit, i love what whitev6er did with his HIDs

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...-retrofit.html

Wil 12-09-2011 06:43 AM

Another vote for Retro!

Maraman 12-09-2011 06:54 AM

Why dont you just order the factory HID's from the dealer, just get the part number offline. BTW I love your wheels.

adidasUNT8 12-09-2011 07:22 AM

+1 RetroSolutions I had one minor issue with one of the bulbs turning pink (possibly caused when working on the car and taking the headlights off, not necessarily a manufacturer defect). Contacted retrosolutions and they sent out a brand new pair of bulbs. Great customer service!

grabber blue gt 12-09-2011 10:00 AM

Alright seems like retro solutions is the way to go. Does anyone have pics of their hids? I cant decide to go with 6k or 8k on this car.

I would do the retro fit, but its way too much time that I dont have and it can get kind of expensive. And mara I was 100% set on going with the OEM's but I found out you need to change the entire wiring harness for the lights which I am absolutely not doing. I thought they were just bolt up and plug in.

adidas - thats great to know about their customer service. When I had a problem with my stangmods bulb I would have to take it off, send it in, and wait for a new one which would take up to 2 weeks (all together) sometimes.

BigDinTexas 12-09-2011 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt (Post 7772736)
Alright seems like retro solutions is the way to go. Does anyone have pics of their hids? I cant decide to go with 6k or 8k on this car.

I would do the retro fit, but its way too much time that I dont have and it can get kind of expensive. And mara I was 100% set on going with the OEM's but I found out you need to change the entire wiring harness for the lights which I am absolutely not doing. I thought they were just bolt up and plug in.

adidas - thats great to know about their customer service. When I had a problem with my stangmods bulb I would have to take it off, send it in, and wait for a new one which would take up to 2 weeks (all together) sometimes.

To each their own, but IMO anything higher than 5000k is too blue... factory HIDs are normally in the 4300k range. When they get that blue, you loose alot of the benefits of having HIDs and more going for aesthetics.

Also, I think the 35w setup for me to perfect. I couldn't imagine getting the 55w set... I think I would blind everyone.
Don

Maraman 12-09-2011 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by BigDinTexas (Post 7773064)
To each their own, but IMO anything higher than 5000k is too blue... factory HIDs are normally in the 4300k range. When they get that blue, you loose alot of the benefits of having HIDs and more going for aesthetics.

Also, I think the 35w setup for me to perfect. I couldn't imagine getting the 55w set... I think I would blind everyone.
Don

Thats exactly what everyone around here wants, I associate it with a ricer thing. Yea if you like HID's for what they are designed for then thats cool. But everyone in this area just gets them to blind the **** out of you. I always turn my brights on to return the favor.

JIM5.0 12-09-2011 05:50 PM

That is what I hate. There are guys like that go up and down I-35 every now and then. I blink my brights to let them know to turn off theirs, only to find them blink back and with an even more blinding flash. What I mistook their normal beams for brights, their damn brights they flash back at me just about give me retina burn.

I am not sure, but I believe that too powerful of a beam would get you a ticket.

2005Redfire6 12-09-2011 06:14 PM

+1 to Retrosoultions.

Jim, possibly they don't have their headlights aimed correctly... I know I had to re-aim mine because I would get flashed all the time, and the finger occasionally LOL.