Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got my first ticket in my 'stang

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 04:59 PM
SirDrums
2nd Gear Member

I was near the head of the pack, I was not the lead car. there where to cars to my right that where ahead of me. That is why he suprised me because He just bolted around the front of the lead car (actually it was a work truck).

I agree that he was agressive... I even moved over a lane to get out of his way. He wanted to pull me over bad.

I guess I can say he was driving much more dangerously than I was but I really have my doubts about that working in court.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Young_Gun
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirDrums
I was near the head of the pack, I was not the lead car. there where to cars to my right that where ahead of me. That is why he suprised me because He just bolted around the front of the lead car (actually it was a work truck).

I agree that he was agressive... I even moved over a lane to get out of his way. He wanted to pull me over bad.

I guess I can say he was driving much more dangerously than I was but I really have my doubts about that working in court.
Maybe he drives a Camaro when he's off duty...
Old 12-13-2011, 05:26 PM
stags
3rd Gear Member

Honestly, I view tickets as my semi annual fee to drive the way I like to drive. Sux but it is what it is.

My experience is that 2 places cops never mess around are school and construction zones. And they ALWAYS go for the flashy car. Its not that youre going faster it just looks like you are.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:48 PM
aerbourne
2nd Gear Member

its total bull**** that cops work for us...but give us **** when we arent being wreckless. If youre going 15 over on a highway, i could care less. As long as you arent cutting people off or weaving in and out of traffic, youre not dangerous. im sorry that happened. you werent endangering anybody...which is the only time police should ever pull you over
Old 12-13-2011, 06:01 PM
autos221
2nd Gear Member

My state speed limit is 55mph
Old 12-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Acerbus 2.0
2nd Gear Member

I have no legal advice to give unlike the others, I'll just give you a song you can listen to while planning your court strategy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M8vei3L0L8
Old 12-13-2011, 06:12 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Your age had a lot to do with it in addition to the car, I'm sure.

Understand that 55 MPH was the PSL regardless of what others are driving and if the road is "finished" or not. It sux that he singled you out but a judge may not budge on that.

I know this doesn't help, but unless I'm on a trip of over 2 hours (at the PSL) or 100+ miles, I'm within 5 MPH of the PSL. I don't give a ratz azz if people are popping me the finger. Matter of fact, I find it entertaining to see people foaming at the mouth, red in the face and eyeballs popping out because I'm "in their way". Well, f**k them.

Even 15 MPH over the PSL doesn't gain you squat for a 10-20 mile drive (unless you think it's worth arriving about 30-60 seconds sooner is important).
Old 12-13-2011, 08:14 PM
09cs
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nuke
Your age had a lot to do with it in addition to the car, I'm sure.

Understand that 55 MPH was the PSL regardless of what others are driving and if the road is "finished" or not. It sux that he singled you out but a judge may not budge on that.

I know this doesn't help, but unless I'm on a trip of over 2 hours (at the PSL) or 100+ miles, I'm within 5 MPH of the PSL. I don't give a ratz azz if people are popping me the finger. Matter of fact, I find it entertaining to see people foaming at the mouth, red in the face and eyeballs popping out because I'm "in their way". Well, f**k them.

Even 15 MPH over the PSL doesn't gain you squat for a 10-20 mile drive (unless you think it's worth arriving about 30-60 seconds sooner is important).
Same, I always try to stay within 5 MPH of the posted limit. I'd rather have people fly by me while going a little slower and instead of passing me while im pulled over.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:30 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

Unfortunately this is what happens when you drive a high profile car not to mention "speeding" through a work zone. It's not finished until they take the signs down or it says otherwise. You rolled the dice and that's how the game is played. Next time you'll know to look out for chargers, especially black ones. There is a good chance it's an undercover cop. I've had my fair share of being tailed by cops waiting for me to do something.

This thread needs more TEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

Last edited by alkemist; 12-13-2011 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 08:54 PM
iamgone
1st Gear Member

+1 to what Nuke and 09cs said. I usually drive within 10 mph of the PSL (my speedometer is off a little, according to GPS, so it's really more like 5 mph). People pass me, but I don't care. I pay enough taxes. I don't want to give the government any more money. I do try to stay out of the left lane most of the time.

Quick Reply: Got my first ticket in my 'stang