Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Default MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME

A little over a year ago I bought an 08 GT/CS and joined this forum primarily for information, I knew I was going to mod the car, I just wasn't sure what I wanted. I'm a 66yr. old dude who still has a 20yr. old mind. I have a pretty long history in SCCA road racing in formula ford and f2000 cars so handling was a priority, but I wanted big reliable power too. After much research and the time it took to source the parts and have the money to pay the bills, I built this.......
B302 forged short block
Pretty trick flowed heads
Detroit Rockers
JBA long tubes
Roush M90
AFCO dual fan intercooler
Shaft Masters Alum Drive Shaft
McCloud RST
And a load of little stuff
The car is all Griggs underneath 4 corner coil over watts link suspension, the whole 9.
Got it to the driveable point a couple of days ago, now for the fine tuning. I've had a few fast cars in my time including a Porsche 930, but this car is the baddest of them all. I'll have the car up on a lift in the next week of so for some suspension pictures, and better engine bay pictures. This has been the biggest car job I've ever tried to pull off and I'm really happy so far. the thing is NUTS.
Attached Thumbnails MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME-001.jpg   MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME-003.jpg   MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME-008.jpg   MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME-010.jpg  
Old 12-19-2011, 07:26 PM
mustanghobby
1st Gear Member

Very nice car, one question since u have a built motor why didnt u go with a bigger blower? i had a m-90 on my car and with all the upgrades i only made 448rwhp and that was maxed out. i since sold the blower and put a tvs on it.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:32 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustanghobby
Very nice car, one question since u have a built motor why didnt u go with a bigger blower? i had a m-90 on my car and with all the upgrades i only made 448rwhp and that was maxed out. i since sold the blower and put a tvs on it.
Well, with a VMP tune I'm making all I need, but if I decide I need more............
Old 12-19-2011, 08:46 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

i like the way my stang handles now, but jeez a full griggs set up has me drooling.
please hurry in posting pics!
i actually had an instructor at a bmwcca hpde say he honestly enjoyed my little stang.
thats alot coming from a bimmernut.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:34 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Great set up!

You do know that your 302 forged block can handle up to 800hp right? lol

Maybe it's time to upgrade to a larger blower
Old 12-19-2011, 10:06 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Looks amazing! Get some vids on the track if you can, that would be awesome! Just curious, what did you end up doing with the cali special front fascia?
Old 12-19-2011, 10:26 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Looks amazing! Get some vids on the track if you can, that would be awesome! Just curious, what did you end up doing with the cali special front fascia?
I still have it, it's sitting out in my shop along with a pile of suspension parts and a stock short block, I haven't had time to do much lately because I run a crab boat here on the west coast, and we're real busy now, in fact I'm on the boat right now and wish I was home playing with the car.
EAT CRAB so I can get a bigger blower.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:59 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Very nice, flat out. I'm loving the styling of your car too.

But tell me, what made you go with the m90? Solely for reliability? Why not Whipple or Kenne Bell?
Old 12-19-2011, 11:11 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadStang40
Very nice, flat out. I'm loving the styling of your car too.

But tell me, what made you go with the m90? Solely for reliability? Why not Whipple or Kenne Bell?
I knew I would be asked this question, I actually bought the M90 before I got the car, the 3200.00 sale price was part of the reason, also I was looking for a well balanced car that would work at a track like Thunder Hill here in Ca. There's a couple of guys at the track that think they're pretty fast, I built this piece to kick their ***, and more power isn't necessary, but if it turns out I'm wrong I'll fix it.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:28 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Congrats my friend, car look great!

Quick Reply: MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME