Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Install Corbeau Racing seats

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 02:16 AM
xmuzzyx

Default Install Corbeau Racing seats

2011 5.0 Mustang GT

I was about to put in my new Corbeau seats today. When I pulled out my driver seat, I noticed all of the electrical going through the seat...

Anyways,

Do I need to worry about the electrical that it hooked up under my seat, I believe it is a seatbelt sensor, airbag sensor for the seat, and something else.

I am installing Corbeau Forza II racing seats, have the seats, brackets and I also have the Corbeau 3pt. retracable harness...

I am wondering what is needed to be done with the electrical. I am also installing a 8 point cage this next weekend.

Josh

Email: xmuzzyx@live.com
Old 12-31-2011, 07:22 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I cant help with your ?, but you have any pics of the seats? Love to see em!
Old 12-31-2011, 08:08 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by xmuzzyx
2011 5.0 Mustang GT

I was about to put in my new Corbeau seats today. When I pulled out my driver seat, I noticed all of the electrical going through the seat...

Anyways,

Do I need to worry about the electrical that it hooked up under my seat, I believe it is a seatbelt sensor, airbag sensor for the seat, and something else.

I am installing Corbeau Forza II racing seats, have the seats, brackets and I also have the Corbeau 3pt. retracable harness...

I am wondering what is needed to be done with the electrical. I am also installing a 8 point cage this next weekend.

Josh

Email: xmuzzyx@live.com
That plug under the seat is for power, heating, seat belt sensor and an airbag sensor. You should be fine installing the new seats and leaving the electrical harness unplugged but will probably have to take a trip to the dealership to get the error codes disabled.
Old 12-31-2011, 12:26 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

You will have error lights on your dash, but don't worry about them. If they bother you, take it to a dealer to disable them, or give Bama a ring. They might be able to include that in a tune.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:36 PM
oldlugs
2nd Gear Member

Default here you go...

Originally Posted by xmuzzyx
2011 5.0 Mustang GT

Anyways,

Do I need to worry about the electrical that it hooked up under my seat, I believe it is a seatbelt sensor, airbag sensor for the seat, and something else...
There is a simple fix:

SIMPLE FIX

Corbeau may offer something similar.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:13 PM
2005Redfire6
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangFirstCar
You will have error lights on your dash, but don't worry about them. If they bother you, take it to a dealer to disable them, or give Bama a ring. They might be able to include that in a tune.
Looking forward to seeing the new seats installed but I doubt the dealership will disable an airbag light, I actually think its illegal for them to do so...
Old 12-31-2011, 07:50 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I don't know what your local dealerships are like, but ours are a little more lenient.
Old 01-01-2012, 08:10 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

It's not illegal to disable an airbag light. It is illegal to disable an air bag. Justice is supposed to be blind and I think that as long as you communicated to anyone riding in your vehicle that there is no airbag in the seats who'd care. If I were dealership management, I'd be worried about the legal implications and wouldnt disable the warning. Its not the fear of someone not knowing they arent protected by a seat airbag, it's the fear of a slimy lawyer sueing over it.
Old 01-01-2012, 11:39 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
It's not illegal to disable an airbag light. It is illegal to disable an air bag. Justice is supposed to be blind and I think that as long as you communicated to anyone riding in your vehicle that there is no airbag in the seats who'd care. If I were dealership management, I'd be worried about the legal implications and wouldnt disable the warning. Its not the fear of someone not knowing they arent protected by a seat airbag, it's the fear of a slimy lawyer sueing over it.
Although that is very true, I wonder if the dealership will even mind in OP's case, after all, they would be disabling the code for airbags that are optional as not all models came with airbags in the seats.
Old 01-01-2012, 01:03 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

There's 3 sensor 'issues' on the driver side.

The smaller 2-wire yellow connector is for the side airbag. If your car does not have side ait bags, there will be a little jumper terminator plugged into it.rIf your can has side airbags, you can get a little 'terminator plug' that bypasses the circuit and keeps the air bag sensing happy and prevents a code from being thrown. Ford is the best place to get those, although I was tempted to try a 5-ohm (4.7 ohm) resistor to use a a jumper to see if its close enough to the same value.

Seat belt connection sensor, on the seat belt female buckle by the console. You can 'short' the 2 wires to the seat belt buckle to simulate that the seat belt is always connected.

The 3rd is a seat position sensor, this is mounted on the stock seat rail near the front on the console side. You can remove it and wire it into the wiring and leave it under the seat.

To make it easier, you could remove the wiring from the stock seat and plug it into the connector, and plug in the seat position sensor and jumper the seat belt buckle connector.

All of these are just suggestions and do at your own risk. There's many threads about this all over the place, and the passenger side system is much more of a difficult PITA.