Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dealer screwed me, should i try to return my 11 GT?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 04:07 PM
DarkSidedGT
1st Gear Member

Exclamation not worth it

ok.... so I'm going to talk to you about my experience and than I'm going to play devils advocate so don't think I'm being harsh..
1, never by american made cars at a foreign dealer ship. American muscle is completely different than ricers and they don't no what their talking about
2, you should of been the one to look under the car to see if there was any cats on it regardless of what the salesmen say
3, it is illegal for dealerships to sell you illegally modified cars (but it really doesn't matter)
4, Fidelity WILL cover your car because i too bought my car WITHOUT a factory warranty and i purchased a carmax warranty... Its actually better that you and i don't have factory warranties because if something goes bad on the car and you need to bring it to a ford dealership, they aren't going to give you any trouble or reject you because fidelity is paying ford... Unlike if we had a ford warranty, we paid ford for the the warranty and if something goes wrong and they see that stuff is aftermarket they won't fix whats wrong because they have already been paid....
5, i have my car illegally tuned with an off road x pipe( no cats), i needed my radiator replaced once and i needed a new alternator replaced.. both times i went to the ford dealership without any problems arising. they got the okay from carmax and it was a good to go.. so your okay with the warranty
6, if you are concerned with the illegal pipes, take it from me, it was worth the buy lol. i would of been thankful to buy a car with my exhaust system already redone. If i were you i would just buy a catted mid pipe and switch the systems whenever you need to get the car inspected.. Last week i went under the car and put my old pipes back on and my car pasted with flying coolers.. than when i got the time i retuned the car and put the off road pipes back on... it sounds annoying at first but it took me 30 minutes each time i had to switch the pipes.

conclusion yes the dealership people are idiots but in the end you got the better end of the deal. trust me.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:11 PM
DarkSidedGT
1st Gear Member

message me for more details or if you are still in doubt ill be happy to talk to you man
Old 01-15-2012, 05:23 PM
capaladj

Well the reason I wanted it to pass smog is that I go through cars quite often, when the time comes for me to sell my vehicle, i didn't want to have to replace the whole exhaust system. I asked them if it would pass smog and had a cat, they were so fast to say yes that I believed them. I assumed it had high flow cats.

The whole warranty thing was a mess. I called Fidelity and they said there was a chance that they could refuse the warranty, they said they would handle it on a case by case basis. Since I just bought a used 2011, I didn't want warranty that was "most likely" covered. The dealer told me that everything was not a problem and that everything was covered most definitely. I even had them put it in writing.

I actually have no regrets returning the vehicle. The dealer that I bought my gt500 from was completely upfront and was a smooth transaction. The suspension of the 2011 I bought started to make noises and the brakes screeched real bad. I only had it for 2 weeks.

Although I paid a little more for the gt500, it has only 6k miles and the drivability is way better. It is a tad slower but I can atleast take it to Ford if something happens. The only regret I have is that I didn't go straight for the gt500.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:24 PM
capaladj

A rep from Fidelity actually told me that they would most likely blame the aftermarket supercharger if something happened to the motor.