Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New M90 owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 11:26 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Off at all times. What does the TC do when you lose traction? It cuts fuel. What happens when you go lean in FI motor? You go boom. Turn that **** off everytime you drive and learn to control wheel spin with your right foot.

I think 255 is about as wide a tire you can put on a stock rim. You may need to consider some new rims. I am running 285s and cant imagine running the stockers./.......slippery man.
Old 02-18-2012, 12:24 PM
kenthicken
4th Gear Member

TCS off! Make it a habit. Every time you start up.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:58 PM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Off at all times. What does the TC do when you lose traction? It cuts fuel. What happens when you go lean in FI motor? You go boom. Turn that **** off everytime you drive and learn to control wheel spin with your right foot.

I think 255 is about as wide a tire you can put on a stock rim. You may need to consider some new rims. I am running 285s and cant imagine running the stockers./.......slippery man.
x2. Get some 10-11" wide rear, and some 9-9.5 inch front. You'll be much more planted, especially with some good summer tires.

Oh and I drove my s/c stang for 3 months before I started turning off TCS... I just never thought about that. Glad it's all okay, maybe its a lot more harmful if you're running like 10 lbs, 500hp, etc.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:33 AM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

Pretty sure the TC cutting fuel goes boom theory is a myth. If it wasn't most factory FI cars would blow up. I even tuned one of my cars to cut fuel if I hit a certain psi as a fail "SAFE". And having boost creep I got to know fuel cut off a lot and no boom. Of course no fuel equals lean, you car goes to lean when you get off the gas too.

I definately have not seen a post where someone went boom from driving with the TC on. LOL
Old 02-19-2012, 10:58 AM
stephen1371
2nd Gear Member

i have alwasy been told to keep it off on these cars when you have a supercharger, this is because to take power away from the cars tires it will lean out your tune apply the brakes and whatever other voodoo magic ford put in there , so you dont want to lean out while running boost, i think i have kenne bell article on it somewhere
Old 02-19-2012, 12:52 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Driving around with a ford stock tune in a stock FI Ford vehicle your probably safe with the TC on. If your car is loaded up with after market parts and an after market tune turn that **** off. Running WOT whether at the track or on the street you want the TC off. Its common knowledge with FI at WOT you dont ever want to go lean. Why risk it? For me, I turn it off every time I drive just like I put on my seat belt every time I drive my car.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:27 PM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

Driving around with a ford stock tune in a stock FI Ford vehicle your probably safe with the TC on. If your car is loaded up with after market parts and an after market tune turn that **** off. Running WOT whether at the track or on the street you want the TC off. Its common knowledge with FI at WOT you dont ever want to go lean. Why risk it? For me, I turn it off every time I drive just like I put on my seat belt every time I drive my car.
There is nothing different from a factory tune to a custom one as far as the TC is concerned, and loading it up with aftermarket parts have no effects either. It is the same thing as going WOT, getting off the throttle and back to WOT.

I almost always have mine in Sport Mode and always turn it off on the dyno or at the track. But it doesn't work the way you are stating it does.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:50 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Factory FI tunes are notoriously rich ie conservative. After market tunes tend to push the limits, lean it out and make more power. Which is fine except when you get into a "lean" situation and starve the motor of fuel. As far as TC is concerned, it works the same with whichever tune is loaded in. Your N/A setup does not have the same risks as a FI setup. If you were FI the last thing you want to encourage is a lean condition.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:32 PM
stephen1371
2nd Gear Member

off topic a lil does anyone know a place where i can get a good deal on a m90
Old 02-19-2012, 03:37 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Check out fnsweet.com That is a Roush specific site where I have seen used m90s come up for sale. You can also check JDM. They are a Roush dealer and I have seen them put used ones up for sale as well. Buying a new one for a deal. Hard to find. Maybe try Gary Yeoman Ford.

Quick Reply: New M90 owner