Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New M90 owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 12:53 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by BL00DSH0T
I would say they are absolutely wrong and if that was true every car with TC would have detonation when the traction control was engaged.
It does not lean the fuel it cuts it.
You can't be at WOT if there it NO fuel! There is no danger to the vehicle as you are NOT STARVING the engine for fuel.

And again no matter if the tune is rich or not it still doesn't have any effect on TC. Traction Control is not leaning the engine out it is CUTTING FUEL as in no fuel.
When you drop $5k into your car for FI, you do what you want, but I know every time I drive my car I turn TC off just like I only use premium fuel............cause thats the safe and proper thing to do.

xkape, you cant compare a stock car setup vs a heavy modded setup. Talk to the aftermarket blower companies like Kenne Bell, JDM, Brenspeed and they will all tell you the same thing. Turn that **** off!
Old 02-21-2012, 01:00 AM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

I don't know if it's the Roush tune, but my car does not cut the power when I have wheel spin, usually when I shift into second gear...
Old 02-21-2012, 02:20 AM
Live_Free

Originally Posted by 808muscle
Absolutely he will.............but when he wants more, its there too.
Their site says you will be at around 435, how much higher could this M90 get the 4.6 to?

And why not just wait for 2 more grand and get one of these instead?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/fordra...gt-manual.html

Last edited by Live_Free; 02-21-2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:48 AM
stephen1371
2nd Gear Member

the whipple is better but the m90 keeps you around the safe zone on what your stock motor can hold, so if you dont plan on going built but just want a lil more its perfect, if you one day want 900 hp then go with the whipple
Old 02-21-2012, 10:58 AM
xkape
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Live_Free
Their site says you will be at around 435, how much higher could this M90 get the 4.6 to?

And why not just wait for 2 more grand and get one of these instead?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/fordra...gt-manual.html

1) From my understanding so far, you can safely get the M90 around 500hp at the crank and still run stock internals. That may be off though cause Im basing it on my car.

2) Instead of that blower, you could also get a TVS from Roush for the same price with the parts needed to complete the deal. In either case, going this route is going to require more mods and more money. Im not saying anything IS necessary but, if I were pushing a GT to 600HP and beyond, Id want new suspension, bigger brakes, better heat removal, better fuel pump, on and on.. its all about cost I suppose.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:07 AM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
When you drop $5k into your car for FI, you do what you want, but I know every time I drive my car I turn TC off just like I only use premium fuel............cause thats the safe and proper thing to do.

xkape, you cant compare a stock car setup vs a heavy modded setup. Talk to the aftermarket blower companies like Kenne Bell, JDM, Brenspeed and they will all tell you the same thing. Turn that **** off!
Again stock or not IT DOES NOT MATTER, that is common sense.

I'm not telling you what to do and I am dropping close to $6k on a SC.
And like stated I will drive with TC off because I like to be in control not for the fact that some companies "say" it is unsafe.

You might want to really look into how TCS work before you get so worked up. Alittle common sense would help too.

But again I will do what I do and so should you.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:31 AM
TheDutchTexan
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by xkape
1) From my understanding so far, you can safely get the M90 around 500hp at the crank and still run stock internals. That may be off though cause Im basing it on my car.

2) Instead of that blower, you could also get a TVS from Roush for the same price with the parts needed to complete the deal. In either case, going this route is going to require more mods and more money. Im not saying anything IS necessary but, if I were pushing a GT to 600HP and beyond, Id want new suspension, bigger brakes, better heat removal, better fuel pump, on and on.. its all about cost I suppose.
HA! No... you'd want new suspension, bigger brakes, better heat removal, better feul pump etc. BEFORE you get your supercharger. With power, comes responsibility. And to be honest, the S197 wheel-hops like no tomorrow stock... and the brakes are underpowered imho. It is on the list even before I think supercharger.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:57 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Justice
HA! No... you'd want new suspension, bigger brakes, better heat removal, better feul pump etc. BEFORE you get your supercharger. With power, comes responsibility. And to be honest, the S197 wheel-hops like no tomorrow stock... and the brakes are underpowered imho. It is on the list even before I think supercharger.

I would agree with the brakes and I upgraded mine. Amazingly my car has never wheel hopped ever. I dont think the autos have that issue as much as the manuals do.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:43 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

I've started turning off TCS after reading this and Im happier with the car's performance already. In the cold, she gets squirrely quick, but that's ok. Just gotta be more careful on the throttle then when its warmer around here. More reason to actually put the blizzaks on the back too as the BFG's just dont seem to be cuttin it in the cold.