Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Roush Front end swap...need help

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2012, 11:58 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

Awesome, congrats on the deal! Definitely looking forward to the end result. Have always been a fan of your car.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:07 AM
Tanner05
Chop Mod

When I did my GT bumper swap we didn't take off the wheels.
Just turn the wheels hard to either side so you can get the fender shields out.
I wouldn't think it would be any different for the Roush swap, the bumpers are really easy to remove once you get started.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:12 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tanner05
When I did my GT bumper swap we didn't take off the wheels.
Just turn the wheels hard to either side so you can get the fender shields out.
I wouldn't think it would be any different for the Roush swap, the bumpers are really easy to remove once you get started.
+1, I just turned the wheels to get the CS bumper installed as well. The hardest part is just taking off the inner fender liners, which is not that hard haha.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:16 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Well, the paint will have to wait as the funds are not there right now. I am working on ridding myself of debt right now so I don't want to go spending money on things like paint. I am going to laugh every time I see this thing outside looking all mismatched. It's all about the build and I know what it will look like and that's what matters most.

side note, does anyone know how long this swap may take and what pains I should look forward to? I think I may be able to remove the front without taking off the front tires but if someone could confirm that and help me out that would be amazing.
I know what you mean, patience is a virtue and the final product will be well worth the wait. It took me roughly 40 min to do a CS front end swap. Since you will not have to remove the GT bumper and fender liners (as you are doing that before hand), the install will go quick.

Last edited by defiance; 01-16-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

No other special tools needed to install the bumper. Just make sure you receive ALL parts, then you are good to go. It took me about 2 hours to install it by myself.
Old 01-16-2012, 08:59 AM
defiance
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I forgot to mention that I had a buddy help me out with mine. And the bumper had paint damage, It needed to be repainted so it was only a temporary install where I was not very careful with the bumper. Now if I will be installing a freshly painted bumper I sure will take my sweet time installing it.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:40 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Ok, so I decided that I'm going to get it painted now too...lol...my paint guy said that he would let me pay in installments because he knows i'm good for it so I'll be getting it done this week. I should be installing it on the weekend so stay tuned.
Old 01-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Ok, so I decided that I'm going to get it painted now too...lol...my paint guy said that he would let me pay in installments because he knows i'm good for it so I'll be getting it done this week. I should be installing it on the weekend so stay tuned.

That's nice. Look forward to seeing nice pics.
Old 01-16-2012, 06:09 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Ok so, this thing is BEAT but I'm pretty sure its' mostly cosmetic and there is one minor crack and everything else doesn't seem like it will cause this to be a serious problem. I do have a few questions. There are a few spots that will need work and I'm a little worried about them.

The right side skirt is missing this piece...see pic

The holes were the plugs connect to the close out panel are mangled (this is the worst one, not all are this bad):

(that's not rust it's dirt and chipped paint)

Here's the bumper:

Should I be alright after my body shop guy gets to work on these? Worst case I'll be purchasing the set-up a little earlier than I planned.

Last edited by bakerjd; 01-16-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 10:17 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Bump for help. Dropping the parts off at the body shop at 8am tomorrow morning. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions...CALLING PASCAL

Quick Reply: Roush Front end swap...need help