Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Storing your mustang...

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 07:31 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Default Storing your mustang...

I don't know how a lot of you guys are doing this...I'm out immediately after it snows and clearing out the snow as far as possible so I can get the stang out when the black top starts to dry out. There have been times where it's been bad enough where its been sitting in the garage for a month or more because of snow, but I don't call that storage. I call that chomping at the bit waiting to get out of the corral.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:36 AM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

Yeah mine's even stored outdoors...it sucks...
Old 01-24-2012, 09:28 AM
Sully06GT
1st Gear Member

This is the first winter for me owning my car. Mine is off the road from Dec. 1 to March 1 for a considerable insurance discount. Of course it's been the warmest winter on record here in the NE. I'm dying right now!!!
Old 01-24-2012, 10:48 AM
breathegood
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sully06GT
This is the first winter for me owning my car. Mine is off the road from Dec. 1 to March 1 for a considerable insurance discount. Of course it's been the warmest winter on record here in the NE. I'm dying right now!!!
My car is also off the road from Dec. 1 to March 1. Detailed/cleaned, covered, garaged, battery tender. As long as the roads are dry, March 1 is known as "Mustang Day" at our house. The cover helps lessen the tempation to drive it.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:43 AM
JimC

I store mine in the garage --

and take it out each morning to drive to work all year long. Been through rain - sleet - hail - sun - snow. 194,300 miles on it now.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:08 PM
HxCGuitars
3rd Gear Member

The Mustang was originally going to be my only car. But then I realized how likely it was to draw bad attention at college. Compound that with getting screwed over by people for rides for a few months and I bought a truck for $2500.

Only reason it's in storage is because I'm 3 hours away from home with what's now a second vehicle, so it's not being driven, and it's like $13 every six months or something like that for insurance. Coming out in May...going to be a looong wait.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Originally Posted by wcgman
I don't know how a lot of you guys are doing this...I'm out immediately after it snows and clearing out the snow as far as possible so I can get the stang out when the black top starts to dry out. There have been times where it's been bad enough where its been sitting in the garage for a month or more because of snow, but I don't call that storage. I call that chomping at the bit waiting to get out of the corral.
What is this thing you call snow? :-/

Mine is stored in the garage overnight before I take it out each day. I'll drive in sunshine, sunshine, sunshine, and the ocassional spatter of water (i think you call it rain or in our case drizzle) cos that's the way I roll!
Old 01-24-2012, 03:05 PM
Lifter583
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by wcgman
Just make sure you keep fuel stabilizer in your tank! I have had great results with Sea-Foam... I do run my cars every 2 weeks and bring them up to temp.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Jas5
3rd Gear Member

I wouldn't even really need a "winter beater" around here because it will snow once, maybe twice. I daily drive mine but its in the garage during the night so nobody can **** with it!
Oh but last winter we had 2 weeks of being snowed in but hasnt snowed this year at all. global warming
Old 01-24-2012, 04:54 PM
mystangisblack
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jas5
I wouldn't even really need a "winter beater" around here because it will snow once, maybe twice. I daily drive mine but its in the garage during the night so nobody can **** with it!
Oh but last winter we had 2 weeks of being snowed in but hasnt snowed this year at all. global warming
Where in OK are you?!

Quick Reply: Storing your mustang...