Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate stupidity of dealerships

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 11:34 AM
nick2191165
1st Gear Member

Default I hate stupidity of dealerships

Back in 2005 we ordered my fathers '06 Mustang GT from Riverhead Ford on long island. Screaming yellow, 300 horses and pure beauty with the new look. Anticipating the day for her to come in, we counted down the days. My father had one request; do not drill holes in the front bumper for the license plate. Knowing that he could get a ticket he did not care. Who does? The salesman promised that nothing would be drilled and no license plate would be on the front. The day of pick up we look at the beautiful car and find one problem...they drilled the ****** holes and put a license plate bracket on the front bumper. After arguments and fighting they wouldn't do anything but take a measly 500 dollars off the price of the car and apologize. Disgraceful.

Early January 2012 we go to purchase another Mustang GT. This pony was for myself though. Finding a few i was interested in, i finally fell in love with a 2009 Mustang GT, 45th anniversary edition, black on black, only 5900 miles on her at Smithtown Ford. Also, there was no license plate bracket on the front bumper and no holes drilled. We put a deposit on her and get her checked out by our mechanic. As hoped, nothing was wrong with her. She was pristine in condition and everything i wanted. We go back and make a deal with the salesman and tell him the story that happened to my Fathers stang. We clarify that we do not want the same problem to happen. Promises are thrown at us that nothing will happen and all of the above. Day of delivery, there are holes drilled with a bracket on her. Why? There excuse was its the law. Why promise something that you wont do. What the **** goes through your mind? Again they apologize and they say they will repair it for us as long as we get a bracket for underneath the bumper, that will not do any damage and is attached by tie wraps, which we spoke about getting earlier in the week. I still cannot get over the fact that they broke their promises twice and i am disgusted with the license plate being on the front of my baby.

Hopefully, they will repair it so that nobody will know and there will be no blemish making it look brand new again. Only regret is that i will know there is a blemish.

Do you think that it will be repaired perfectly and not even inspector gadget could notice? Or will it be repaired in a manner where it looks like a two year old did it with play dough? Pray that it will go well for me please. Thank you.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:38 AM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

That is some **** right there. I WOULD tell them to stick the mustang up their asses and find someone else to deal with. They must hire idiots who can't remember what promises they have made. I guess if they are making right on it you are fine this time...I wouldn't buy from them again.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:06 PM
dcarlinf1
3rd Gear Member

I would not have accepted the delivery of the car. And, I would not go back to that dealership. Make them put it writing next time regardless which dealership you choose.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:05 PM
nick2191165
1st Gear Member

Yea but everything on the car was so perfect and the price was decent enough. I just hope they fix it well.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:11 PM
mustang0672
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nick2191165
Yea but everything on the car was so perfect and the price was decent enough. I just hope they fix it well.
There is always probably another deal at the same price/perfect car or sometimes even better. One dealership is not the only one to have the "perfect" dream car.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:22 PM
nick2191165
1st Gear Member

Very true I guess your right, learned for next time
Old 02-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Joe Pooch
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by nick2191165
Back in 2005 we ordered my fathers '06 Mustang GT from Riverhead Ford on long island. Screaming yellow, 300 horses and pure beauty with the new look. Anticipating the day for her to come in, we counted down the days. My father had one request; do not drill holes in the front bumper for the license plate. Knowing that he could get a ticket he did not care. Who does? The salesman promised that nothing would be drilled and no license plate would be on the front. The day of pick up we look at the beautiful car and find one problem...they drilled the ****** holes and put a license plate bracket on the front bumper. After arguments and fighting they wouldn't do anything but take a measly 500 dollars off the price of the car and apologize. Disgraceful.

Early January 2012 we go to purchase another Mustang GT. This pony was for myself though. Finding a few i was interested in, i finally fell in love with a 2009 Mustang GT, 45th anniversary edition, black on black, only 5900 miles on her at Smithtown Ford. Also, there was no license plate bracket on the front bumper and no holes drilled. We put a deposit on her and get her checked out by our mechanic. As hoped, nothing was wrong with her. She was pristine in condition and everything i wanted. We go back and make a deal with the salesman and tell him the story that happened to my Fathers stang. We clarify that we do not want the same problem to happen. Promises are thrown at us that nothing will happen and all of the above. Day of delivery, there are holes drilled with a bracket on her. Why? There excuse was its the law. Why promise something that you wont do. What the **** goes through your mind? Again they apologize and they say they will repair it for us as long as we get a bracket for underneath the bumper, that will not do any damage and is attached by tie wraps, which we spoke about getting earlier in the week. I still cannot get over the fact that they broke their promises twice and i am disgusted with the license plate being on the front of my baby.

Hopefully, they will repair it so that nobody will know and there will be no blemish making it look brand new again. Only regret is that i will know there is a blemish.

Do you think that it will be repaired perfectly and not even inspector gadget could notice? Or will it be repaired in a manner where it looks like a two year old did it with play dough? Pray that it will go well for me please. Thank you.
Same thing happened to me, i had even payed for the car and everything, only 18 miles on the Odo and i told them NOT to do it. They did it anyways....
Old 02-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Joe Pooch
1st Gear Member

Oh and by the law... he means its the law to have a front mounted plate, its not the law for him to do it. Thats him covering his ***....
Old 02-04-2012, 04:29 PM
AzPete
4th Gear Member

Simple repair...tell them they will order a new front bumper.....
Old 02-04-2012, 05:57 PM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
Simple repair...tell them they will order a new front bumper.....
Agreed. If they make arrangements with me and then break them, all deals are off. I don't care if the dealership spent a grand putting stripes on for you or something else. They break promises and screw up the order, you don't have to accept. Just like any other retail item.

Quick Reply: I hate stupidity of dealerships