Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Mustang Forums - New Guy Here - Want to Learn!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 02:45 AM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

At 17, I was... walking.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:21 AM
Live_Free

Thanks all, I know rather lucky on my part! Missing the MPG of my old focus, but hell don't really care.

The thing is I love those Pype Bomb and SLP loudmouth exhausts, and for the price (around 300) I could get a tuner as well. But here in WA state mufflers are a required item. I know that louder exhausts can still get you written up though, so I don't know if paying much attention to that muffler law is worth it, what do you all think? Any fellow washintonians?

I love the sound of those Borlas, music to my ears, and they are technically "legal" but cost so very much.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:24 AM
Live_Free

Also I like the price on the American Thunder Flowmasters and could grab a Bama tune as well with those, but they aren't much louder than stock.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:30 AM
a_lopez1975
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Live_Free
Any fellow washintonians?
I grew up in D.C. and NYC (Harlem/Bronx), but was born in D.C. I was just in both places 4 weeks ago for my 2week R&R vacation. Mother just moved to the Chrystal City area though..
Old 02-09-2012, 02:06 AM
White05GT
3rd Gear Member

FRPP Stingers are the same as Borlas and usually cheaper. Might even be made by the same company.

My sis has had them on her 07GT for 5 years now and loves them, always passes inspection. Don't remember the site I ordered them from but paid less than $400.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:25 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

CAI/tune from americanmuscle or brenspeed should be the first thing on the list.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:04 AM
surfbum7190
3rd Gear Member

Default no tune

Honestly, your 17 years old and your 300hp muscle car doesnt have enough kick? I would enjoy the power or a little bit before you start adding stuff. once you are used to the 300hp and 300hp feels normal, buy the tune and it will turn it into a whole new car. just my opinion though
Old 02-09-2012, 10:20 AM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Very lucky!

Grab yourself a CAI and a tune first, then worry about exhaust. You don't need to do a full catback exhaust and honestly I'd be hesitant to suggest it since your state has inspections (Florida doesn't! ). Axle-back is all you really need to get a great sound out of your V8. My personal preference: SLPs, Borlas, Corsa, and Stingers. Downright drool worthy.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:18 PM
X07TorchStangX

Welcome to the forums, always nice to have another mustang member here.

I agree if you want quick and effective and noticeable power, then I suggest getting a CAI and combine that with a tuner. The tuner itself is completely worth and if you plan on making more upgrades that will change settings to the ECU then a tuner is a most and will offer a big increase in power. Like throttle response and shift point changes.

CAI is another quick but effective upgrade to make. Really opens up the air flow to the engine lol which is obviously its purpose but makes a big difference. As said there are plenty of websites such as american muscle being one of the many leaders, late model restoration is good and others that are listed on the forums.

I would start off with those and then add other mods from there,gears headers. As for exhaust flowmaster is always good from a roaring type sound and classic mustang/muscle car feeling. Others such as pypes are good too (which I myself have now) there better priced and offer good performance gains.

Anyways welcome again and we all would be glad to help you if you need it so just ask.

Old 02-09-2012, 01:20 PM
X07TorchStangX

Originally Posted by Antonio323
At 17, I was... walking.
lol same

Quick Reply: Hey Mustang Forums - New Guy Here - Want to Learn!