Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vehicle Update Vid...figured it's worthy

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:22 PM
05MineralGrayV6
3rd Gear Member

[QUOTE=bakerjd
Thanks man. The answer to that is no. I will be replacing the hood eventually and am going with a little different scheme that I haven't seen just yet. I can't wait to get that done![/QUOTE]

Im glad to hear it wasnt going to say anything but since you wanna change it anyway, I love dual stripes but anything wider than a 1 inch space between them looks funny to me.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:23 PM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

Im a bit interested in what u plan on doing to your car (cosmetically). Especially if you havent seen it yet. I too like going a different route and being a bit unique. Thats the greaat thing about a stang. U can put your taste in it.

I like what u have done so far. Looks good man
Old 02-08-2012, 08:25 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

Looks great Baker!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:59 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
Im a bit interested in what u plan on doing to your car (cosmetically). Especially if you havent seen it yet. I too like going a different route and being a bit unique. Thats the greaat thing about a stang. U can put your taste in it.

I like what u have done so far. Looks good man
Thanks man...your stang is one of my favorite for that very reason. I think we have a similar goal in mind and that's to set our stang's apart from the rest with our unique ideas. I love what you did with your hood and I think you guys will like what I have planned. I may just get things wrapped up on the exterior before I dive into the performance mods. We shall see.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:06 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

who do u plan on using for your performance upgrades. just to satisfy my curiosity.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:03 AM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by outceltj
who do u plan on using for your performance upgrades. just to satisfy my curiosity.
I've broken it up into "stages". Stage one would be LTs/ cams. Stage two is ported cylinder heads/B302 stage 2 and stage three is looking like a Whipple at this point but we' ll see when it come s time for FI.
Old 02-09-2012, 11:08 AM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

looks good, baker.
sounds like a solid long term plan you have. Whipple is a good choice.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:23 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
looks good, baker.
sounds like a solid long term plan you have. Whipple is a good choice.
Thanks man! One question. Is the Whipple install difficult or pretty straight forward?
Old 02-10-2012, 12:53 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Baker it looks amazing, even with all the snow on the ground, its looks great .LOL

Having a long term plan is the way to go. Having plans to keep the car for many years is also the proper thing. Sure we could all just go and buy a new fiveOh but what truly is fun is the journey. The journey of making your car your own. I realized about a year ago that if I sold my car it would be a huge mistake and I would always miss my first mustang. Even with all its flaws, dings etc....its mine and I have made it mine so much with all the mods. I really just enjoy planning the next one and watching the car come together.

Your car is coming along great. Looking forward to watching your journey unfold. I also have NA Detroit rocker cams with a blower. They work fine.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:59 PM
MELLOWYELLOW06
6th Gear Member

Looking good brother, but again, just buy mine and youll have all of it done already

Quick Reply: Vehicle Update Vid...figured it's worthy