Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service advanced trac??

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 01:10 AM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Default Service advanced trac??

Hey guys just alittle ago I got home from work, but I was in snow maybe half inch but I think it was the ice below that was killing me..I tried my best not to burn up the tires being there very expensive, but after trying and trying to get up the hill, I just held me foot on the gas lightly to go up the hill with the traction control active cause the tires would just spin when off and burning my tires up...long story short my ABS light is on my cluster says mantiance the advanced trac?? The botton doesn't work on the inside and the tires just spin , the traction control dont work,I turned off the car and back on same issue,I dunno what the hell happend but i hope this isn't a big issue cause what gonna happens when I get stuck again with the traction control on its gonna break again? I mean I don't know...but to the dealership tomorrow..anyone have the issue before?
Old 02-09-2012, 06:27 AM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

You probably overheated the brakes, it should be fine when they cool off.
Traction control tries to reduce wheel spin by hitting the brake of the wheel that is spinning and reducing the throttle. When the brakes get too hot you get an error and the ECM can only reduce the throttle to reduce wheel spin. Next time you might try turning it off.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:48 AM
Rainson
3rd Gear Member

Agree..when I was driving in snow, my traction control is always off...I found out that I have better control of the car with TCS off..
Old 02-09-2012, 09:40 AM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Getting my serviced today for the same warning lights, when I first brought it in, the tech at the counter blamed it on my rims (freaking dumba$$) After they inspected the car, they said it was my ABS module that was faulty and was covered by warranty. Good luck bro.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:27 PM
SkyWitit23
2nd Gear Member

Update*

I brang the car in, told them what happened, they told me everything was fine, they reprogrammed the computer or whatever , but he said the wheel sensor Is what came up in the memory..so everything fine now I guess?
Old 02-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Roy_R
4th Gear Member

I like
I brang the car in,
Old 02-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

If you were slipping for a long time it probably made the computer think there was a problem. I don't believe the mustang systems are designed for long-term slippage monitoring like on higher end cars. The Mustang's is more of a "oops you hit the gas to hard or came out of a corner too fast" type thing.... Just a thought
Old 02-09-2012, 02:28 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by SkyWitit23
Hey guys just alittle ago I got home from work, but I was in snow maybe half inch but I think it was the ice below that was killing me..I tried my best not to burn up the tires being there very expensive, but after trying and trying to get up the hill, I just held me foot on the gas lightly to go up the hill with the traction control active cause the tires would just spin when off and burning my tires up...long story short my ABS light is on my cluster says mantiance the advanced trac??.......but to the dealership tomorrow..anyone have the issue before?
Originally Posted by SkyWitit23
Update*
I brang the car in, told them what happened, they told me everything was fine, they reprogrammed the computer or whatever , but he said the wheel sensor Is what came up in the memory..so everything fine now I guess?
Hi SkiWitit23,

My name is Noemi and I'm the residential Ford Help on the forum.

Glad to learn your 'Stang is drivable again. If you ever need assistance in the future don't hesitate to contact me. You can either give me a shout out via a post or send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and contact info.

Originally Posted by Wil
Getting my serviced today for the same warning lights, when I first brought it in, the tech at the counter blamed it on my rims (freaking dumba$$) After they inspected the car, they said it was my ABS module that was faulty and was covered by warranty. Good luck bro.
Hey Wil,

How is the Mustang? Is there anything I can assist you with? If so, please send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, your personal, and dealer contact info and I'll be more then happy to escalate your concern to the Customer Service Manager in your area

Take care everyone!

Noemi

Last edited by FordService; 02-10-2012 at 07:17 AM.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi SkiWitit23,

My name is Noemi and I'm the residential Ford Help on the forum.

Glad to learn your 'Stang is drivable again. If you ever need assistance in the future don't hesitate to contact me. You can either give me a shout out via a post or send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, as well as your personal and contact info.

Hey Wil,

How is you the Mustan? Is there anything I can assist you with? If so, please send me a PM with the VIN, current mileage, your personal, and dealer contact info and I'll be more then happy to escalate your concern to the Customer Service Manager in your area

Take care everyone!

Noemi
Everything is fine Noemi! I just picked her up. They did note on the receipt that I had 20" rims instead of 18". Didn't know it was that big of a deal since they are Saleen Rims.

Than you for you concern!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:22 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by Wil
Everything is fine Noemi! I just picked her up. They did note on the receipt that I had 20" rims instead of 18". Didn't know it was that big of a deal since they are Saleen Rims.
Than you for you concern!
Morning Wil,

Awesome to hear! Mustangs are happier on the road. Let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Noemi

Quick Reply: Service advanced trac??