Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shelby GT500 Super Snake (detail pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 07:18 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jcieutat
How old are you? 100K for any Mustang is just ridiculous. Have you even seen a Nissan GTR? Educate yourself on the specs before you make another stupid comment..
Haha...age has nothing to do with it. If you are wealthy, what's a 100 grand? Chump change. So what if the OP has 100k in his mustang. Maybe he has a solid platinum toilet and uses gold leaf to wipe his butt. The point is it is his money and he can do with it what he wants. Bringing a Nissan into the argument is just ridiculous and serves no purpose other than to insult your fellow Mustang owners who are proud of their cars and the effort they personally invest into them.

To the OP - you've got a great car and I'd take it any day of the week over any car from Japan.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:41 AM
rons1961

Default Super Snake & GT Video

Super Snake & GT vid with sound, such as it is!! Sorry, left the gopro in it's case, sound is muffled...you can make out the GT when it makes the first move and then the SS...will try again next time. Enjoy!

Old 03-24-2012, 03:01 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

Bringing a Nissan into the argument is just ridiculous and serves no purpose other than to insult your fellow Mustang owners who are proud of their cars and the effort they personally invest into them.

Wrong. Sure this forum is dedicated to mustangs but these forums are also about being car enthusiasts regardless of automaker. The Nissan GT-R is a great car stock and your comment about bringing a Nissan into the discussion being ridiculous, shows snobbery and arrogance. I am one of those that spent $50+K on my stang for dragracing purposes. However, I'm into vipers for a street car. Would I insult other posters, if I brought my srt10 coupe into the discussion? and if so.....who gives a rats.

Last edited by forensicsteve; 03-24-2012 at 03:25 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 06:05 AM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by forensicsteve
Bringing a Nissan into the argument is just ridiculous and serves no purpose other than to insult your fellow Mustang owners who are proud of their cars and the effort they personally invest into them.

Wrong. Sure this forum is dedicated to mustangs but these forums are also about being car enthusiasts regardless of automaker. The Nissan GT-R is a great car stock and your comment about bringing a Nissan into the discussion being ridiculous, shows snobbery and arrogance. I am one of those that spent $50+K on my stang for dragracing purposes. However, I'm into vipers for a street car. Would I insult other posters, if I brought my srt10 coupe into the discussion? and if so.....who gives a rats.
You sound pretty smug and arrogant in your own right. I specifically remember you saying something like "Why do people like us drive 90 thousand dollar cars slow.....because we can" or something along those lines. Not to mention your sig and the "I could have bought a second Viper or Ferrari" line.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:00 AM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by rons1961
Super Snake & GT vid with sound, such as it is!! Sorry, left the gopro in it's case, sound is muffled...you can make out the GT when it makes the first move and then the SS...will try again next time. Enjoy!

Thank you Rons1961. That was awesome even though muffled. That is something you don't see every day. Two AWESOME cars screaming down the highway. Truely beautiful. Thanks again.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:13 AM
forensicsteve
4th Gear Member

That's true...someone questioned the reason why I drive a viper and don't street race and that was my reply. Also true that I have dumped enough money (and definitely not an investment) into modding the 06GT for dragracing ..enough to buy a second viper (attempt at humor which you missed). I also don't look down on other cars when I am in the viper. I am not Ford or Dodge or Chevy guy. I buy what I happen to like and enjoy and it's not only a mustang. I don't live and die mustangs or Ford as some do.

You appear to be OK with the type of censorship suggested, where the word Nissan must not be mentioned in the same sentence (or post) as Ford Mustang.

As far as the supersnake. No...I wouldn't spend whatever to buy one, but I can see why someone would. It seems to be the ultimate modern mustang. Looks great, huge power, just not for me. Then the viper is not everybody's cup of tea either. It has very limited use and quite unsophisticated

Last edited by forensicsteve; 03-24-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:32 AM
swagfu
2nd Gear Member

Wow!!! A Viper for a daily driver???? Thats frickin' awesome. There is a white and blue one that runs around my town and I think they are incredible looking machines. Do you have a picture you can post? Someday....probably never....I would love to be able to afford one. I would very happily have one in my garage. And I agree. I have owned many cars over the years and I never worried about who made it...just if I liked it. In the end, thats all that matters.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:04 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by forensicsteve
So if you read the whole thread, the 1st guy says he'd take a GT-R over this 100k mustang (which hey, that's your privilege and I get it...) then another guy jokingly replies and maybe that was a little off color....then the first guy comes back with a pretty scathing remark to the joke. He makes no bones about basically calling the joker an idiot because he needs to educate himself about how much better a stock GT-R is then spending 100k on a mustang. My point is not about the GT-R really, but about being a jerk and not seeing the joke for what it was.

So hey man...if you wanna post pics of your pink SRT10 and you posing next to it wearing leg warmers with your new Coach purse dude, that's cool with me (Thats a joke BTW). My point is don't be a jerk about how someone chooses to spend their money when it has no impact on your life (and that's not a joke).
Old 03-24-2012, 09:58 AM
jcieutat
2nd Gear Member

OK, I guess I will apologize for my initial comment. My point was just that if "I" had $100K, I would not put it into ANY Mustang (my opinion) but rather buy a car like the Nissan GTR. Most people on this board are about performance and their is no way that Mustang can compare to a stock GTR. Also, that Mustang is too pretty to even drive on a road so what is the point.

I do like Mustangs, I just bought another one. I have already dropped a few grand in mods.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:14 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jcieutat
OK, I guess I will apologize for my initial comment. My point was just that if "I" had $100K, I would not put it into ANY Mustang (my opinion) but rather buy a car like the Nissan GTR. Most people on this board are about performance and their is no way that Mustang can compare to a stock GTR. Also, that Mustang is too pretty to even drive on a road so what is the point.

I do like Mustangs, I just bought another one. I have already dropped a few grand in mods.
It's all good I do agree with you no way I'd spend 100k on a Mustang unless literally money was no object at all. I remember the first time I saw a GT-R shortly after they launched on vacation driving up Highway 1 and I was taking pictures from the passenger seat. My wife asked me what the hell I was doing and I told her if I have to explain, then you'll never understand.

When I posted about seeing an LFA here in Denver 2 weekends ago, none of my friends got what the big deal was. Kind of disappointing when you get pumped about a sweet Ferrari or supercar and nobody in the family gets it.

Quick Reply: Shelby GT500 Super Snake (detail pics)