Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled the trigger on new CS style spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 09:20 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Default Pulled the trigger on new CS style spoiler

Cant find the original post, but someone else bought their spoiler (think it was kona blue maybe?) from this seller on ebay, so I've been obsessing about it a little. At this price painted to match its very hard to not think about buying it! Wife just green lighted me ordering it, so here goes.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130645107252...84.m1497.l2649

I'll post some pics when it comes in and after I get it installed. I'll be pulling the factory spoiler so if anybody is interested in buying it, pm me and we'll go from there.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:21 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

I hate to **** in your cornflakes man but I would be incredibly nervous about a spoiler that cheap, let alone one painted that cheap!

I hope it fits right and the paint is quality! let us know how it goes
Old 02-15-2012, 06:29 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
I hate to **** in your cornflakes man but I would be incredibly nervous about a spoiler that cheap, let alone one painted that cheap!

I hope it fits right and the paint is quality! let us know how it goes
lol - Don't worry about it. Im a little nervous myself. Everything looks on the up and up but it is ebay. Had the other person on the MF not bought and installed one and gave it praise, I wouldn't have given this a second look. But with the high praise it was given, Im not terribly worried.

If the paint sucks, I can paint it myself. I was thinking this morning that I need to add a couple more coats of clear assuming its a good color match and then give it a nice wet sand for any orange peel.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:11 AM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

Now this is amazing...I received an email from the seller on ebay last night. Essentially they said that if there are any problems with the spoiler, call them and they will make it right. They say that they want to ensure that Im happy and give them a 5 star rating. I have to say that Ive been on ebay pretty much since it's inception and never have a received a proactive email like this. They better hope this thing is not a piece of crap cuz now Im going over it with a fine tooth comb.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:34 AM
Wil
2nd Gear Member

Damn, that's one heck of a deal!! Do you know how long their willing to stand by it? Maybe it's great at first but cracking and/or peeling may come up. Definitely keep up posted though.
Old 02-15-2012, 09:28 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

I don't think you should necessarily be worried. I only paid just over $100 for the GT500 spoiler I had on my '07. It came painted and was perfect. One of the best mods I made to that car.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:59 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

So this arrived today. The box was pretty intact. The spoiler was wrapped really really well.

However, the paint job on this is pure crap. One side of it is all cracked and following the crack in the paint around, it's already flaked off in several places, one flake easily the size of a nickle. As there are absolutely no paint flakes in the wrapping, I believe it's safe to assume this was wrapped and shipped this way. I also believe that this was a drop ship item, but who knows...

So I'm going to get in touch with the seller and inform them of the problem before I give any ebay feedback. Fortunately, if they try to hose me, I've got a surprise for them. I bought it with my Amex and as Im a pretty good customer of theirs, Im not worried one iota.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:16 PM
magnido45
2nd Gear Member

Can u post pics of the spoiler with the poor paint quality you're talking about?
Old 02-21-2012, 09:28 PM
wcgman
5th Gear Member

UPDATE...I was repacking this spoiler and didnt like the way that one of the cracks in the paint looked...so I looked closer and flexed the end of it. It's cracked all the way through the top. The box looks intact though...my wife suggested that in shipping it was dropped hard but flat on the end of the box and that caused the spoiled to shift and crack. Either way, I'll await hearing from the vendor.

So to be fair to the vendor...this could easily have been the UPS guy...

Here's a pic of the crack all the way through the top of the spoiler.

Last edited by wcgman; 02-21-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:51 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Wow. Better be the UPS guy. That sucks bro. Hopefully they get it straightened out. Good luck

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger on new CS style spoiler